By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - How many times a week do you take a shower?

I shower like 3 or 4 times a week, i'm just lazy i mean sometimes i want to but i say naah! -- climate here is warm usually 35/37 ºC (rarely º39/40) during the day, and 28/32 ºC at night - lowest it has ever been is like 22 during really cold nights and 40+ during really hot days.

Around the Network

Usually daily but more often in the hot summer months if I'm physically active.

nnodley said:
sales2099 said:
Used to once a day when I was in high school/early years of University. Now its more like 2-3 times a week. It really is unnecessary to shower more then that (learned that from "The Doctors" tv show".

Why?  I feel like I watched that episode, but can't remember.

I know washing your hair every day is not healthy for it because you have to allow its natural oils to build up a little bit before you shower. But really, I think as long as your a clean person and don't sweat too much through the day, your body just doesnt need cleaning. Hence 2-3 times a week.

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

5 times a week, have to save some water

sales2099 said:
nnodley said:
sales2099 said:
Used to once a day when I was in high school/early years of University. Now its more like 2-3 times a week. It really is unnecessary to shower more then that (learned that from "The Doctors" tv show".

Why?  I feel like I watched that episode, but can't remember.

I know washing your hair every day is not healthy for it because you have to allow its natural oils to build up a little bit before you shower. But really, I think as long as your a clean person and don't sweat too much through the day, your body just doesnt need cleaning. Hence 2-3 times a week.

Oh, that makes sense.  I do know that swimming in a pool can be considered a bath.  

Oh, and people in my town need to shower like 5 times a day because they smell so bad. Actually I don't think they shower at all.  Maybe once per week. Maybe not even that.

Around the Network
Wagram said:
So much water wasted in this thread. 3 times a day? really? :x

A bunch of unconcerned people. What a shame....

Rafux said:
5 times a week, have to save some water

Well, no one stated length of showers.  I get in, wash and get out, usually in 5-7 minutes.  I know some people take 20-30 minutes in there.

I shower every other day in the winter time. Everyday in the summer. But i only wash my hair about twice a week. My hair get fuzzy and it's fucked if i wash it everyday. I live in the mid west.

3/4 times per week. 7 during the summer.

I live in a rather cold area.

6-7 times a week.

For those questioning the need for showers in colder climates, sometimes a hot shower is needed just to heat your body up as opposed to just getting all the sweat off in a hotter climate.