By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - what games have the best box art?

it's only the manual but box art was the same

Around the Network
hinch said:
LemonSlice said:
hinch said:

[Pic]

One of my all time favourites (box art included!)

I'm sure the "LOVE STORY" part of the title sold many copies. /sarcasm

Indeed, the cover is the main thing to blame for why the sequel sold so poorly compared to the first.

a) make an artsy fartsy cover

b) make the game sell

Choose one. If it was me I'd choose a normal cover and hang this in some dinky gallery. ICO cover is another great example. While the US cover is poorly made, it doesn't make the European cover any less pretentious. And I don't need to tell you which one sold better.

Bleh, thats the exact reason why a lot of TPS/FPS titles have a generic covers on them. Random guy with a gun looking "badass" will always sell more than more arty designs. Look at the Bioshock Infinite cover for example :/

Now that you mention it, a reversible cover like the one B:I features is a great idea and can make everyone happy.

KHlover said:

Dear god, please tell me you are trolling right now...

I'm completely serious. Why you're even using such a strong word as trolling is beyond me.

I'll tell you that Kingdom Hearts covers are some of my favorite too.

LemonSlice said:
hinch said:
LemonSlice said:
hinch said:

[Pic]

Indeed, the cover is the main thing to blame for why the sequel sold so poorly compared to the first.

b) make the game sell

Choose one. If it was me I'd choose a normal cover and hang this in some dinky gallery. ICO cover is another great example. While the US cover is poorly made, it doesn't make the European cover any less pretentious. And I don't need to tell you which one sold better.

Bleh, thats the exact reason why a lot of TPS/FPS titles have a generic covers on them. Random guy with a gun looking "badass" will always sell more than more arty designs. Look at the Bioshock Infinite cover for example :/

Now that you mention it, a reversible cover like the one B:I features is a great idea and can make everyone happy.

KHlover said:

I'm completely serious. Why you're even using such a strong word as trolling is beyond me.

I'll tell you that Kingdom Hearts covers are some of my favorite too. But high art doesn't belong on a video game cover.

I used "trolling" because I honestly couldn't believe you were making a connection between the cover of a game and the sales in different regions. Yes, ICO sold better in the US...because the US is a bigger market than Europe. With a marketshare of 38% for Europe and 49% for the US the game sold REALLY good in Europe, just compare it to Bioshock Infinite for example, where the European version only has a marketshare of 22.7%...

How could I forget this one?

Super Mario Galaxy is such a wonderful cover. Also love OOT 3D cover. There are some gorgeous covers in the world.

Around the Network
KHlover said:
LemonSlice said:
hinch said:
LemonSlice said:
hinch said:

[Pic]

b) make the game sell

KHlover said:

I'll tell you that Kingdom Hearts covers are some of my favorite too. But high art doesn't belong on a video game cover.

I used "trolling" because I honestly couldn't believe you were making a connection between the cover of a game and the sales in different regions. Yes, ICO sold better in the US...because the US is a bigger market than Europe. With a marketshare of 38% for Europe and 49% for the US the game sold REALLY good in Europe, just compare it to Bioshock Infinite for example, where the European version only has a marketshare of 22.7%...

You're right about ICO. It was more of a throwaway comment. :/ (the last sentence I mean, not the prior stuff)

But the Max Payne 2 thing is true. I think the studio even commented on it.

Player2 said:

How could I forget this one?

I forgot how beautiful that cover is. I gotta look in my closet and find it.

Persona 4

Black Women Are The Most Beautiful Women On The Planet.

"In video game terms, RPGs are games that involve a form of separate battles taking place with a specialized battle system and the use of a system that increases your power through a form of points.

Sure, what you say is the definition, but the connotation of RPGs is what they are in video games." - dtewi