By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - Real or not, Jesus is the most influencial Human in history! If you deny that you are lying to yourself-

Most influencial?

Obama 10 3.82%

Greg Johnson 2 0.76%

Elvis 6 2.29%

Karl Marx 12 4.58%

Benji Franklin 5 1.91%

Jesus 140 53.44%

Shakespear 6 2.29%

Mel Gibson 11 4.20%

Islam God, do not want to... 25 9.54%

Other ( Post below fake internet friends!) 43 16.41%

Total:260

I thought you guys thought Jesus was God so how can he be human? If he is not God to you then who is?

R.I.P Mr Iwata :'(

Around the Network
Mazty said:
Max King of the Wild said:
Mazty said:
Mazty said:
Mazty said:

Seriously?? Do you have proof that Matthew, Mark, Luke or John wrote the Bible? Oh wait, it's known that they weren't around when Jesus was.

Please, we are talking about history here, so drop any notions you have of "the bible has to be right" and let's approach this from a logical standpoint, okay?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Authorship_of_the_Bible#Mark

I don't think the Bible is right... but that doesn't mean you are right either. And I'm well aware of the 4 source theory.

I never said I was right, but I've given evidence. Claiming something is written by someone "cuz it says so" isn't an argument...Ultimately this whole thread is BS as it makes the false assumption that Jesus wrote the Bible, which is complete crap; it's just an exercise in outing mass ignorance. 

The guys name could be dickless joe for all I care but the fact remains the author is known as "Moses." Your argument can be said about Aristotle, Plato, Homer, Hesod, Xenophanes, ect ect... great logic

No, the author is CLAIMED TO BE Moses, just as the Bible is CLAIMED to be the word of God. 

And no, there is a lot of evidence for people like Plato:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Plato

And as I have already shown, it is quite clear that the history of the Bible is convoluted at best. Please don't just make up crap like that what I have said is applicable to any one person from an arbitrary time ago.

The Odyssey is claimed to be by Homer. Would you argue so passionatly against that?

The Bible, a work of multiple authors over centuries, and the Homeric Question are not the same thing. Please stop arguing something you don't understand:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Homeric_Question

I would think I know enough being I'm forced to take theology classes in my Jesuit college. Thanks for showing your hypocricy

Mazty said:

The Bible, a work of multiple authors over centuries, and the Homeric Question are not the same thing. Please stop arguing something you don't understand:

I would think I know enough being I'm forced to take theology classes in my Jesuit college. Thanks for showing your hypocricy

How am I being a hypocritie? Explain how the question of Homer is the same as the origins of the Bible? Please, I can't wait to see what mental gymnastics you're going to display.

Go do history, not theology, and you'll understand where you have gone horribly wrong. You are just using the arbitrary comparison that "OMG THEY BOTH OLD! THEY DER SAME!"....It's a bit more complex than that.

Whoever invented money is the most influential human in history. Money has a big impact in the lives of everybody (except for communists) everywhere, not only to christians.

Or whoever invented language or writing.

Mazty said:
Mazty said:

How am I being a hypocritie? Explain how the question of Homer is the same as the origins of the Bible? Please, I can't wait to see what mental gymnastics you're going to display.

Go do history, not theology, and you'll understand where you have gone horribly wrong. You are just using the arbitrary comparison that "OMG THEY BOTH OLD! THEY DER SAME!"....It's a bit more complex than that.

I wouldn't waste my time on such a useless dicipline such as history. I already fulfilled those requirements looking at the middle ages to present day

Around the Network
Torillian said:

But historically and scientifically they aren't men.  It's like saying Harry Potter is the most influential man.  

If you're going to go that route than Darth Vader is the most infuential man.

Mazty said:
Mazty said:

I wouldn't waste my time on such a useless dicipline such as history. I already fulfilled those requirements looking at the middle ages to present day

And yet here we are with you claiming that the question of "Who is Homer" is somehow the same as "Where the fuck did the Bible come from and how many people wrote it?"

You sir could really do with a whole semester of learning analytical thinking. 

Mazty said:
Mazty said:
Mazty said:

And yet here we are with you claiming that the question of "Who is Homer" is somehow the same as "Where the fuck did the Bible come from and how many people wrote it?"

You sir could really do with a whole semester of learning analytical thinking. 

I'm pretty sure my Chemistry, Calc, Biology and Philosophy each semester takes care of what I need to have thank you. You on the other hand may need reading comprehension.

Well there were some 50.000-200.000 years of mankind before him.

Was Jesus is a real person or not? I'm not sure.

But the most influential leader in more modern times was Abraham Lincoln i think. He helped modernise the USA, ending slavery, although black rights weren't sorted out for another century.

Xbox One, PS4 and Switch (+ Many Retro Consoles)

'When the people are being beaten with a stick, they are not much happier if it is called the people's stick'- Mikhail Bakunin

Prediction: Switch will sell better than Wii U Lifetime Sales by Jan 1st 2018