By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Is Halo 4 multiplayer a flop?

kowenicki said:
Somini said:
kowenicki said:
Somini said:
It seems people are getting tired of the franchise getting milked. I remember Halo 3 was in the top 3 for a very long time. It even got back on top a couple of weeks after MW3 was released.

8m tired sales in 20 weeks.  If you aren't posting negative blogs on the next Xbox, which you seem to do almost every hour, you are in every other 360 thread downplaying.  It's getting boring. 

Kowenicki don't talking about boring as boring defines every comment you make better. You claim to care about nothing, yet you're constantly here repeating yourself. Maybe, just maybe, you should read my other comment before you accuse me of downplaying anything. Just a thought!

I read it, it's wrong. Greeting tired? Selling less with each iteration? Both wrong. 

Well, if you say so!

Still that doesn't change the facts and the numbers/statistics speak for themselves.

Around the Network

Not in the slightest. Halo has remained the same in popularity while other games, mainly CoD have exploded along with FIFA.

Minecraft is Minecraft, its a phenomenon.

Silly thread.

Somini said:
kowenicki said:
Somini said:
kowenicki said:
Somini said:
It seems people are getting tired of the franchise getting milked. I remember Halo 3 was in the top 3 for a very long time. It even got back on top a couple of weeks after MW3 was released.

8m tired sales in 20 weeks.  If you aren't posting negative blogs on the next Xbox, which you seem to do almost every hour, you are in every other 360 thread downplaying.  It's getting boring. 

Kowenicki don't talking about boring as boring defines every comment you make better. You claim to care about nothing, yet you're constantly here repeating yourself. Maybe, just maybe, you should read my other comment before you accuse me of downplaying anything. Just a thought!

I read it, it's wrong. Greeting tired? Selling less with each iteration? Both wrong. 

Well, if you say so!

Still that doesn't change the facts and the numbers/statistics speak for themselves.

right, stats speak for themselves

http://www.vgchartz.com/tools/game_comparison.php?reg=Global&ending=Cumulative&game[]=Halo+4+%28X360%29+[51758]&game[]=Halo+3+%28X360%29+[6964]&game[]=Halo%3A+Reach+%28X360%29+[35024]&game[]=

in the whole thread everything you said was wrong, why do you try so hard lol

btw reach is not a game of the main series, i'm sure you would argue about god of war ascension that it makes sense to sell less as gow 3.

The multiplayer is great on Halo 4. I can't believe MW3 is higher.

Why is this thread still open. By the OP's logic every PS3 exclusive is a flop.

Around the Network

They need to add smaller maps and proper ranking system in order to lure people back to Halo 4.

It wasn't as good as Halo 3 but it was still a good game overall.

Well its completely wrong calling it a flop cause its a huge success. Ofcourse it was always dwarfed by Black Ops 2 from the beginning, but in the first few days it was able to get pretty huge numbers.
There's a few reasons why the population has fallen:
1. Many Halo fans complain that they didn't like the changes to the multiplayer
2. Lots of lag and connection problems. It was getting ridiculous at one point.

Sometimes Halo Reach and even Halo 3 have more players online than Halo 4 which proves that even many Halo fans don't like the multiplayer.

Also, 343 made a system where players could progress up ranks if they had a code, but at first this code was only availble for the legendary edition but they changed this and decided to give players in certain countries the code to progress pass SR 70. This frustrated players in countries where the code was not given and also, they did it a very disorganised way, where many people even in the eligibable countries were not given the code. They then took 2 months to finally give everyone the ability to progress pass SR 70 but by then it was too late. 

NNID: FrequentFlyer54

according to some definition on this site it would be a sales flop.

I doubt Microsoft cares with those sales figures.

Have some time to kill? Read my shitty games blog. http://www.pixlbit.com/blogs/586/gigantor21

:D