By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - What XBox exclusives would causes you to stick with Microsoft if they only have always on and block used games?

kain_kusanagi said:
DigitalDevilSummoner said:
kain_kusanagi said:
It would take more than always online or blocked used games to keep me away from Halo...

Yeah but Halo is just a logo. What if all the people made the game are gone and replaced ?

For example, Diablo 3 creators have absolutely NOTHING in common with the people that made Diablo 2.

Bungie started Halo and 343i took over and made Halo 4. As it turns out Halo 4 is the best one. What does it matter who makes a game if it's the best of the best. So long as it is of the highest quality and feels like Halo I will be there day one. Nothing even comes close to Halo.

Yeah, 343 used the Sony approach allowing first party to focus on narrative and emotion in a story. I loved Halo 4 but hated Reach so badly. The Narrative was so bad and I felt nothing for any of the characters. I just played the game for what it was after about two hours.

Around the Network

People need to understand it isn't about exclusives anymore. It is about the entire experience. If all your friends have an Xbox you will get an Xbox. You may buy both systems, but the majority will get what the rest of their friends get.

Rafux said:

Wow some Xboxs users are actually accepting this horse shit! They are actually trying to rationalize it, but oh well they do pay for playing online after all, they already let Microsoft get away with that one just to play Halo.

So let me gte this straight. If always online doesn't effect me because my internet is fine I should still be outraged because others may or may not have an issue with it?

Screw that. I will buy both consoles just like I did this gen. However most of my gaming will be done on the Xbox because i prefer the controller,  my achievements, friends, and many other things.

CGI-Quality said:
MB1025 said:
People need to understand it isn't about exclusives anymore. It is about the entire experience. If all your friends have an Xbox you will get an Xbox. You may buy both systems, but the majority will get what the rest of their friends get.

Exclusives will always matter. Without them, your "friends" wouldn't have a need to grab an Xbox over a PlayStation, and vice-versa. I know I bought both the PS3 and Xbox 360 because each system had their own features not available elsewhere (exclusive games being a huge factor).

Otherwise, you're saying Halo, Uncharted, Gears of War, and Gran Turismo shouldn't be exclusive games since they have no definitive pull, which would be nonsense.

It isn't just about exclusives. Some people maybe pick up the console for the Kinect 2.0 or maybe cause the Xbox may be cheaper than the PS4 or maybe even cause they want a new cable box. 

NNID: FrequentFlyer54

MB1025 said:

Microsoft made that what its all about but if Multiplats are all the rage and online is what matter next gen it really is up for grabs from anyone then. Exclusives DO matter and Halo and Gears are the ice breaker for some of the shooter fans.

Around the Network
DigitalDevilSummoner said:

timed exclusive is not really exclusive. it's nothing more than marketing bs

DirtyP2002 said:

Well always on doesn't bother me much, since I do have a reliable Internet connection and all my devices are always on anyway.
I still dislike the idea to be forced to do it that way.

I will pick the next Xbox up, because of Halo, Live and Fable.

thinking about it you and the other guy who said Halo sound like like a new breed of nintendo fans in some odd way

Actually, it means what it says.  It remains exclusive for a set period of time, before going multiplatform.  As opposed to a later release, instead of concurrently, the said title has a planned lead time before appearing elsewhere.  It is just a term to explain this situation.  One can also say it issn't a really really exclusive also.

Gugerface said:
Why would I switch to Sony? If that were to happen, Sony should have something of interest to me and it just does not seem to happen. Ms all the way.

Are there ZERO multiplatform titles of interest to you?  Reality is, if Microsoft is going to be a jerk, and the PS4 gets multiplatform stuff you also want to play, then it makes sense to switch to Sony.  That is, unless you don't mind what I describe and can list exclusives to the Microsoft platform that are of interest to you.  It is a matter of where you play multiplatform stuff.

I always go back to playing Halo so that's enough to keep me. I know Sony has lot's of great exclusives that I'd like to try but I don't know if I'd just play them once or twice and never touch them again where as with Halo, I won't play it for a while but then I'll play it a bunch for a week or two.

And there are enough multi-plat games to keep me busy through out the year.

None.

As much as I love Gears and Forza, having an "always connected" console would be like having a housebrick to play games on with my spotty internet connection.

Wii FC: 6440 8298 7583 0720   XBOX GT: WICK1978               PSN: its_the_wick   3DS: 1676-3747-7846                                          Nintendo Network: its-the-wick

Systems I've owned: Atari 2600, NES, SNES, GBColor, N64, Gamecube, PS2, Xbox, GBAdvance, DSlite, PSP, Wii, Xbox360, PS3, 3DS, PSVita, PS4, 3DS XL, Wii U

The best quote I've seen this year:

Angelus said: I'm a moron

None. Microsofts exclusives are not really that diverse enough for me. I guess its because my favorite types of games are jrpgs lol. But seriously Xbox 360 was a console that I thought would be where all the jrpgs would be on going by the beginning of this generation. I think after Final Fantasy 13 however was when they started to have a shift back to the ps3. It seems Sony has locked a lot of Japanese support for the PS4 also, so it seems that is what im going to get to go along with my pc, 3ds, and eventually a Wii U.