By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Movies & TV - OFFICIAL New Star Wars Movies THREAD (Episode 7 3D, 8 3D, 9 3D & solos 3D)

JoeTheBro said:
Knowing Disney, these movies will be great!

Also why are you saying it will be filmed with a 3D IMAX camera? James Cameron's Fusion 3D camera makes a lot more sense considering it's the industry norm.

You're right, they might use those cameras.

I just assume 3D IMAX because of their recent movies like Great & Powerful OZ, and there 3rd Party movies like Iron Man 3 3D.

Plus I don't recall the director of OZ & Spider-Man trilogy ever using IMAX cameras on Spider-Man.

Plus J.J. Abrams has used 2D IMAX cameras on the first 2 new Star Trek movies, and he said he will film all the Star Trek movies after "Into Darkness" in 3D, and he is the director of Star Wars episode 7, so it's a safe bet.

As a bonus, IMAX seems to be used in more & more movies, of you look at just the List of 2013 Movies in IMAX. IMAX has had a dramatic increase in usage these past 1 to 2 years all of a sudden, out of nowhere.

So you can see where I make such a guess from what.

Around the Network

So.... did you actually get mod approval for this thread? If so it should be posted in the OP.

Official Threads require mod approval.  If not, shoot off a PM to someone... (else).

Just mentioning it for consistencies sake.

Either way they can't be worse then star wars dance Kinnect.

Kasz216 said:

So.... did you actually get mod approval for this thread? If so it should be posted in the OP.

Official Threads require mod approval.  If not, shoot off a PM to someone... (else).

Just mentioning it for consistencies sake.

Either way they can't be worse then star wars dance Kinnect.

Oh, OK. I did not know that.

So how do I go about getting Mod approval?

And also, should I edit out official in the thread title while this doesn't currently have Mod approval?

And LOL at the last sentence.

New Star Wars Movies Will Hit Every Summer Beginning in 2015

New trilogy will alternate with standalone films.

At the CinemaCon event in Las Vegas today, Disney and Lucasfilm revealed that beginning in 2015 with Star Wars: Episode VII, a new film set in the galaxy created by George Lucas will be released each summer

J.J. Abrams' Episode VII will come first in the summer of 2015 and will be followed every summer after with another new Star Wars movie, alternating between the standalone films we've heard about and the new trilogy that begins with Episode VII.

Wow.

As for what those standalone films will be -- among the rumored projects have been a Yoda flick, young Han Solo adventures, and my favorite, a Seven Samurai-type Jedi film -- we still don't know. But, of course, more on this when we have it…

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/04/17/new-star-wars-movies-will-hit-every-summer-beginning-in-2015?abthid=516f0354caba1f1966000014

I... I don't know WHAT to think!!? Is this a good thing? It kinda sounds like it'll be a bad thing, but moar Star Wars shoooouuuuld be good - right?!

I'm on Twitter @DanneSandin!

Furthermore, I think VGChartz should add a "Like"-button.

DanneSandin said:

At the CinemaCon event in Las Vegas today, Disney and Lucasfilm revealed that beginning in 2015 with Star Wars: Episode VII, a new film set in the galaxy created by George Lucas will be released each summer

J.J. Abrams' Episode VII will come first in the summer of 2015 and will be followed every summer after with another new Star Wars movie, alternating between the standalone films we've heard about and the new trilogy that begins with Episode VII.

Wow.

As for what those standalone films will be -- among the rumored projects have been a Yoda flick, young Han Solo adventures, and my favorite, a Seven Samurai-type Jedi film -- we still don't know. But, of course, more on this when we have it…

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/04/17/new-star-wars-movies-will-hit-every-summer-beginning-in-2015?abthid=516f0354caba1f1966000014

I... I don't know WHAT to think!!? Is this a good thing? It kinda sounds like it'll be a bad thing, but moar Star Wars shoooouuuuld be good - right?!

Thanks for the info. I have updated the OP to be more accurate with current somewhat info. Of course, we still don't know much anything yet.

To be honest, I was suspecting the 2 solo movies I have noted to be release in between.

Around the Network
Kaizar said:
DanneSandin said:

Wow.

Thanks for the info. I have updated the OP to be more accurate with current somewhat info. Of course, we still don't know much anything yet.

To be honest, I was suspecting the 2 solo movies I have noted to be release in between.

Something's are just better left alone =/ I'm not sure I WANT a Solo movie...

DanneSandin said:
Kaizar said:
DanneSandin said:

Wow.

Well, Disney is the one company I trust to do a thing like this without messing it up. But yeah, I don't want something like this to happen just for it to turn out like crap, but as I said, Disney is the one company to do this particular kind of thing right.

Kaizar said:
DanneSandin said:
Kaizar said:
DanneSandin said:

Wow.

Well, Disney is the one company I trust to do a thing like this without messing it up. But yeah, I don't want something like this to happen just for it to turn out like crap, but as I said, Disney is the one company to do this particular kind of thing right.

One word: moneyhatting....

Idk, whenever I think of Disney, I think of cute little animals n princesses n all that kiddy stuffs. Not saying that's bad, but it would be bad in something like Star Wars.

Einsam_Delphin said:
Idk, whenever I think of Disney, I think of cute little animals n princesses n all that kiddy stuffs. Not saying that's bad, but it would be bad in something like Star Wars.

You don't think Tron Legacy & Pirates of the Carribean?