By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Movies & TV - OFFICIAL New Star Wars Movies THREAD (Episode 7 3D, 8 3D, 9 3D & solos 3D)

Kaizar said:
DanneSandin said:
Kaizar said:
DanneSandin said:
I'm VERY skeptical about this new trilogy... I don't want to see it take place after episode VI! They have thousands of years to explore, and an episode VII without *spoilers!!* Darth Vader ain't worth watching!

Well as I said before:

The one thing I like about Disney is that you can count on them to make truly good direct to theaters Sequel. (Tron Legacy & Pirates of the Carribean 2 & up)

Anyways, they could always get Darth Vader using time travel or clone him or whatever.

Plus they could always come up with that kind of character for a new such Villian.

What I'm trying to say is, I think Disney definitely has something big to hold our interest, to even pay so much money to buy the rights to the franchise in the first place.

I wouldn't call Tron 2 and Priate's 2 great movies, and neither would I call Avengers a great movie (although it was pretty awesome). Disney isn't making GREAT movies, they're simply making movies so that they can make moar money. I'm not calling Tron, Pirate's or Avengers for bad - just not great. Star Wars Episode 4-6 are GREAT movies, and episode 1-3 really tarnished the whole series, and I'm expecting a direct follow up to episode 6 to do the same.

I think Episode 1 was great, but I do hate the crap known as episode 2 & 3.

I seriously suggest you watch this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FxKtZmQgxrI to see what's so hellish wrong with episode 1 =) Now, this is really a weird, (weird weird weird) video, and it only gets stranger and stranger the more you watch it, but the dude really has some very good points - so just bare with him...

You can also watch this one: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VgICnbC2-_Y this is a little more... down to Earth, shall we say?

I really don't mean to bash your taste or anything, I just found these videos very interesting... I hope you can enjoy them somewhat as well =) Just bare in mind; these are very critical of episode 1... Just so you know that before watching any of them

I'm on Twitter @DanneSandin!

Furthermore, I think VGChartz should add a "Like"-button.

Around the Network
DanneSandin said:
Kaizar said:
DanneSandin said:
Kaizar said:
DanneSandin said:
I'm VERY skeptical about this new trilogy... I don't want to see it take place after episode VI! They have thousands of years to explore, and an episode VII without *spoilers!!* Darth Vader ain't worth watching!

Well as I said before:

The one thing I like about Disney is that you can count on them to make truly good direct to theaters Sequel. (Tron Legacy & Pirates of the Carribean 2 & up)

Anyways, they could always get Darth Vader using time travel or clone him or whatever.

Plus they could always come up with that kind of character for a new such Villian.

What I'm trying to say is, I think Disney definitely has something big to hold our interest, to even pay so much money to buy the rights to the franchise in the first place.

I wouldn't call Tron 2 and Priate's 2 great movies, and neither would I call Avengers a great movie (although it was pretty awesome). Disney isn't making GREAT movies, they're simply making movies so that they can make moar money. I'm not calling Tron, Pirate's or Avengers for bad - just not great. Star Wars Episode 4-6 are GREAT movies, and episode 1-3 really tarnished the whole series, and I'm expecting a direct follow up to episode 6 to do the same.

I think Episode 1 was great, but I do hate the crap known as episode 2 & 3.

I seriously suggest you watch this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FxKtZmQgxrI to see what's so hellish wrong with episode 1 =) Now, this is really a weird, (weird weird weird) video, and it only gets stranger and stranger the more you watch it, but the dude really has some very good points - so just bare with him...

You can also watch this one: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VgICnbC2-_Y this is a little more... down to Earth, shall we say?

I really don't mean to bash your taste or anything, I just found these videos very interesting... I hope you can enjoy them somewhat as well =) Just bare in mind; these are very critical of episode 1... Just so you know that before watching any of them

If its like the points against the Super Mario Bros. 1993 Live Action movie then it's not gonna get me to dislike it.

Thanks for posting the 2 video links that are critical against episode 1 in both an extreme and humble approach.

I can understand the reasoning for a back story movie on Boba Fett. He's a very interesting, iconic, and popular character. However, what's with the Han Solo movie? I guess it could be interesting, but its not like we can go back to a young Harrison Ford.

superchunk said:
I can understand the reasoning for a back story movie on Boba Fett. He's a very interesting, iconic, and popular character. However, what's with the Han Solo movie? I guess it could be interesting, but its not like we can go back to a young Harrison Ford.

Exactly! We've already done THAT!

I'm on Twitter @DanneSandin!

Furthermore, I think VGChartz should add a "Like"-button.

Hard for me to believe, but I really do not care about another Star Wars film. I loved the old 70s and 80s (especially Empire) as a kid a wore out the old VHSs due to excessive viewing. The newer ones...well, they just felt lifeless to me. Lots of fancy effects, but I never connected to a character or a relationship like the old ones.

I hope they find something as this universe has potential, but my expectations have been tempered to "just do not be unwatchable" at this point.

Around the Network
Augen said:
Hard for me to believe, but I really do not care about another Star Wars film. I loved the old 70s and 80s (especially Empire) as a kid a wore out the old VHSs due to excessive viewing. The newer ones...well, they just felt lifeless to me. Lots of fancy effects, but I never connected to a character or a relationship like the old ones.

I hope they find something as this universe has potential, but my expectations have been tempered to "just do not be unwatchable" at this point.

After episode 2 & 3, I think I can speak on behalf of everyone on this site when I say:

*talking in Bill Clinton voice* "We fill your pain"

But I think Disney can give us quality direct to theater sequels. Plus you can connect with Han & Luke & Leia, right? Because their in EP. 7.

In ep.1 I could connect with Anakin & Qu Quinn Jinn and maybe some others.

it's interesting to see a Star Wars movie done without Lucas

D-Minaj225 said:
it's interesting to see a Star Wars movie done without Lucas

From the people who brought you Tron Legacy comes New Star Wars movies.

What I would really like to see them do is a light saber fight where the good guy is on the floor rolling around fighting the bad guy who is standing fighting him, trying to kill the Jedi while the Jedi is in such an "F" up situation.

Its the one thing they forgot to do in Star Wars episode 1 to 3.

Knowing Disney, these movies will be great!

Also why are you saying it will be filmed with a 3D IMAX camera? James Cameron's Fusion 3D camera makes a lot more sense considering it's the industry norm.