By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Developer on Xbox 720 always-online: “All I can say is be sure to pay your ISP bills”

im not going to drop into conclusion unless we have more details. It might not be that bad.

Around the Network
Somini said:
Deyon said:
Microsoft can't be that stupid, so i really don't believe these rumors.

Sony didn't do it with the Ps4, I doubt Microsoft will.

I think they can surprise you, just wait. And by the way this news alone will hurt the console even if it turns out to be false or they change it at the last minute. Every website i know, has this in the headlines now. From international to local websites on the gaming section news.

This is publicity Microsoft could do without that's for sure.

No publicity is bad publicity :)

Also, if it even is remotely true, I expect the backlash from gamers in the first few months from launch/before launch to be so huge that they are forced to change their tune. It simply makes no sense.

Yes, internet is required for a lot of the great functions of these new consoles, but why would the lack of internet have to block simple playing of games? That is the ludicrous part about these rumours. Too many people in MS's greatest selling regions still have no internet or crappy rural/satelite/weak dsl internet.

And again, this could be another simple rumour taken out of context. Perhaps MS is adding this option as a feature and will again leave it up to the publishers/game developers to decide if they want to use it. So if EA is evil and wants to use Always Online option, they could. Where as MS first party games might not require internet to work. You never know.

I wonder if the delay on the reveal is them reneging on this silly online DRM.

Its a long time til November.

Im sure this will all work itself out.

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

kowenicki said:
wait and see

i've been as vocal as anyone stating i don't believe these rumors..

..but may (if that is when they actually announce the thing) is a long ways away.  the ps4 no used game rumor was pretty strong of a few days there until sony killed it.  if MS waits until may this rumor is going to get stronger and stronger. 

as much as i hate it, something perception is more important than truth.  if everyone thinks 360 is always online it might as well be.  i mean, let's be honest, if MS announces it isn't always online how much press do you think that will get?  1 article that dies in 5 minutes?  much of the market may hear this rumor but not the truth.

..MS needs to address this imo.

Around the Network

I refuse to believe this is true...but there's a lot of talk about this now so it's gaining traction now.

As always, lets wait and see!

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

You guys dont seem to understand you have the power if you dont buy this stuff they wont make money and they really really like money but very often what the internet is mad about and what people actually go and do are two completely different things.

Imagine all of these rumors are just trying to create a stir on the internet so that more people can become more curious and interested in durango

This can't be true can it

Somini said:
Deyon said:
Microsoft can't be that stupid, so i really don't believe these rumors.

Sony didn't do it with the Ps4, I doubt Microsoft will.

I think they can surprise you, just wait. And by the way this news alone will hurt the console even if it turns out to be false or they change it at the last minute. Every website i know, has this in the headlines now. From international to local websites on the gaming section news.

This is publicity Microsoft could do without that's for sure.

exactly and whats makes it worst they arent even responding.  microsoft should write a manual how to create made pr and not respond