By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Microsoft Studios’ creative director defends always-online Xbox 720

You realize these people you insult are the ones who ensure your employment? I mean, even if you're a misanthrope just shut up.

If this whole nonsense (always online) is true Microsoft essentially is making half the population an uphill battle. I do not get why, but I hope the practice fails so next gen I can play games and not deal with this with all three companies.

Around the Network
GameAnalyser said:
"Deal with it" That's what the creative director chose to say. Is this going to create major issues? Well to me it looks like many XBox fans should be pissed off by now.

You'd like that wouldn't you? Since the thing won't actually release until November, assuming we are early adopters (I personally won't be), getting pissed off at rumors, and something that can be fixed with a simple firmware update, doesnt make sense.

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

i still don't believe it will be always online - and even if it is this proves nothing.

but...

...today is hilarious.

http://stickskills.com/2013/04/04/microsoft-studios-creative-director-defends-always-online-xbox-720/

By the way, this Manveer Heir guy that he's replying to is a Bioware developer, which is owned by EA.

M.U.G.E.N said:

I don't think it will be that bad tbh even if they go this route..I'm guessing IF they are gonna do it they will do it with some other 'incentives' to entice the core gamer crowd....time will tell

speaking of time...this was fast

For those who don't know..this is a persona of his of sorts...don't take it seriously 

ps: make sure to check out the ending even if you skip through the rest of the vid

I usually don't like his vids but this one was spot-on.

But I still don't think the guy was being serious.

Around the Network

Oh God, this is brilliant -

Carl2291 said:

Oh my GOD lol..

I wish i could work videos and pictures like that :D

Carl2291 said:

OMG, the internet-forums re-invented gifs ;) PERFECT.

This is one of the rumors that refuse to die, guess its true.

Carl2291 said:

*applauds*