By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Microsoft Studios’ creative director defends always-online Xbox 720

He's right, why would anyone want to live in rural areas? Let's just all move into the cities and starve to death because there will be no more farmers. That would be nice.

Ongoing bet with think-man: He wins if MH4 releases in any shape or form on PSV in 2013, I win if it doesn't.

Around the Network

"Spotty coverage in my service area. Will not buy a mobile phone"

(no, I'll just get a different provider...)

Aaand they just lost a customer.

theprof00 said:
"Spotty coverage in my service area. Will not buy a mobile phone"

(no, I'll just get a different provider...)

His comments reminded me of this;

Chandler said:
He's right, why would anyone want to live in rural areas? Let's just all move into the cities and starve to death because there will be no more farmers. That would be nice.

Rural people should be growing food, not wasting their time playing video games.

Around the Network
theprof00 said:
this has got to be just a huge troll. I'm starting to really believe that all the negative news is just MS having fun with the media. They're going to show up with none of these rumors being true and troll everyone.

im thinking the same thing, anything these companies say or do will be taken out of context anyway. in my opinion i think so, but it sure has many people talking...lol

I AM BOLO

100% lover "nothing else matter's" after that...

ps:

Proud psOne/2/3/p owner.  I survived Aplcalyps3 and all I got was this lousy Signature.

pezus said:

It's probably true, but J.Allard was looking at it wrong. Some people might remember that Nintendo also made Gameboy and its iterations

I was looking at it perfectly fine. There was no 3rd console curse for Nintendo. Maybe you're implying the N64 wasn't their 3rd, but I think these "console curse" people are talking home consoles.

ClassicGamingWizzz said:
this gets better and better

I like your sig.

pezus said:
J_Allard said:
pezus said:

It's probably true, but J.Allard was looking at it wrong. Some people might remember that Nintendo also made Gameboy and its iterations

I was looking at it perfectly fine. There was no 3rd console curse for Nintendo. Maybe you're implying the N64 wasn't their 3rd, but I think these "console curse" people are talking home consoles.

So you're still ignoring the Gameboy then? Cool. Because that's where most of their profits and sales came from.

I already posted their profits proving that, unlike the PS3 or the Saturn, the N64 did not send cripple its maker.

You're breaking down their profits further and doing so in a factual manner. That's awesome, got a link?

J, the n64 was not a tremendous success for Nintendo. Their profits during the n64 generation were coming directly from the gameboy color released in 1998 and pokemon. Looking at the graphs is misleading if you think n64 was massively successful for them.
Even if they made 100$ profit per console, that's only 3.3B in profit @33m consoles sold.....
The GBC sold 120m IN THE SAME TIMEFRAME.....
n64 1996-2002
GBC 1998-2002

Now look at the graph again, 1996FY, 1997FY Wompwomp
Now look at 1998FY up to 2002FY- where the graph starts leveling even again.

Do your research man.