By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Why Is neogaf Not Banned From VGChartz?

pezus said:
ethomaz got banned because of you, Deyon!

Reported for false accusation.

If you post in my thrend again, I'll pimp slap the shiznit outta you!!

Around the Network
amp316 said:
Soriku said:
amp316 said:

It's actually because Brett (ioi) has some bad history with them, but I'm not telling that story...

Isn't it because of sales numbers he posted that they didn't trust? So it all goes back to numbers anyway.

That's one way of putting it.  Another way of putting it is that they were fairly accurate and showing that Sony was being crushed by Nintendo at the time... 

Then thay did the right thing. How dare he claim that Nintendo was crushing Sony.

amp316 said:
Turkish said:
ethomaz said:
amp316 said:
Soriku said:
Nirvana_Nut85 said:

Would be a waste of time. If they want to be ignorant then let them be as it is always better to take the high road. Although, can someone explain as to why they have such a "hate on" for this site?

Unreliable sales numbers from VGC.

It's actually because Brett (ioi) has some bad history with them, but I'm not telling that story...

That is not only that... the battle between gaf and ioi was happened before PS3 or Wii was launched... VGC was created by ioi to confirm to GAF that his estimations were reliable and accurate.

But the numbers in VGC never proved to be accurate (the contrary happened) and all the adjustments (overtracked, undertracked) help to make the VGC even more like a joke in GAF than a trusted source.

ioi was banned from GAF because it was a troll (sorry).

After that a lot of users in VGC caused trouble in GAF trying to use the VGC numbers there... this happened over and over so the GAF decided to ban any alussion to VGC numbers... they works only with OFFICIAL numbers released by companies or OFFICIAL trackers like NPD, Media Create, etc.

In fact the numbers in GAF was always more accurate than VGC... VGC uses a lot os numbers released by GAF to make adjustments here but VGC had a good weekly estimation... so it is funny and ioi adjust the numbers when the official one are released.

So if you want a good weekly estimation for the VG sales... use VGC... but it is that... only estimations.

I'm here because I like to talk about these estimations every week but VGC will be never a trusted source for sales .

ANYWAY: Talk about vgchartz in GAF is not banable... use we numbers there is banable.

-This user was moderated for calling ioi a troll.  Do I need to say more? 

Interesting, looking at his last posts and threads on gaf, he was promoting this site there

I banned him for violating Rule #11 (flaming due to website criticism of website employees) which is exactly what will happen to you if you don't stop immediately. 

I'm not gonna argue.

Turkish said:
ethomaz said:
amp316 said:
Soriku said:
Nirvana_Nut85 said:

Would be a waste of time. If they want to be ignorant then let them be as it is always better to take the high road. Although, can someone explain as to why they have such a "hate on" for this site?

Unreliable sales numbers from VGC.

That is not only that... the battle between gaf and ioi was happened before PS3 or Wii was launched... VGC was created by ioi to confirm to GAF that his estimations were reliable and accurate.

But the numbers in VGC never proved to be accurate (the contrary happened) and all the adjustments (overtracked, undertracked) help to make the VGC even more like a joke in GAF than a trusted source.

ioi was banned from GAF because it was a troll (sorry).

After that a lot of users in VGC caused trouble in GAF trying to use the VGC numbers there... this happened over and over so the GAF decided to ban any alussion to VGC numbers... they works only with OFFICIAL numbers released by companies or OFFICIAL trackers like NPD, Media Create, etc.

In fact the numbers in GAF was always more accurate than VGC... VGC uses a lot os numbers released by GAF to make adjustments here but VGC had a good weekly estimation... so it is funny and ioi adjust the numbers when the official one are released.

So if you want a good weekly estimation for the VG sales... use VGC... but it is that... only estimations.

I'm here because I like to talk about these estimations every week but VGC will be never a trusted source for sales .

ANYWAY: Talk about vgchartz in GAF is not banable... use we numbers there is banable.

-This user was moderated for calling ioi a troll.  Do I need to say more? 

Interesting, looking at his last posts and threads on gaf, he was promoting this site there

That doesn't make ioi a troll on GAF though, trolling is a very different thing, he used that word in a way that's out of context.

Lol the best post in the thread about vgc/neogaf history results in a ban.

Around the Network

Because we are morally above them and we're not afraid of them.

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective

Because we're not pretentious assholes?

The less this place is like GAF, the better.

Kasz216 said:
ethomaz said:

ioi was banned from GAF because it was a troll (sorry).e? 

Well... except for the part where his numbers generally are accurate statistically.   There are adjustments?  Sure... everyone has adjustments though.  Including Mediacrate/NPD etc.

The difference is their adjustments happen behind the scenes only to paying customers.

If you ever add up montly, and then compare what they report for total sales you'll notice it never adds up.

So... if that's why they banned vgchartz numbers... they did so out of ignorance to how statisitcs work.

Really though it's just a bunch of people who wait for "official" numbers to arrive (which in the case of some games *cough* Halo and more may never happen) then make a comment and wait another month.

If it weren't for people who leak NPD numbers, the sales discussion there would've been dead a long time ago most likely.
Extrem limited informations about the US market, European market so the only thing that's left and worth discussing is the Japanese market.

It's easy to hate on other people's work and that is what happens here. Comparing the research of a single guy (or a small team) to the likes of NPD, Mediacreate or GFK and then expecting it to be on par with the others is just foolish.
For what it is VGC is an excellent place to get estimations from. Weekly hardware and software.

ioi, really does not care about changing any problems with this site, he will not change this. Visiting this site on a mobile has become a mess of pop up adds and I get noisy annoying on adds on my PC which does not happen on any site I frequent other than this.

That stated, I have talked of VGchartz and never been banned on GAF for anything. If you do not talk of the sites numbers as facts rather than predictions/estimates they do not care. Most mods do not care. That said, you can get away with a lot more there especially in community threads.

Save your drama for your mama.