By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - I think its safe to say at this point that DMC 2 will not be coming out.

KylieDog said:

Nor is the new DMC, it has platforming segments though, just like the older games.

Typical double standard.

Whatever, you are seeing what you want to see.

Around the Network
Scisca said:

I think this is a great lesson to the developers. Don't make games that your fans don't want! Make games that they do want! You'd think it's obvious, but it prooves to be a very difficult and somewhat painful lesso that crapcom and Squeenix are going through right now.

@DmC and TR reboots - old Lara was turned into a sexdoll and was off-putting. Everyone was tired of her, everyone wanted change. The new Lara looks great, ever since I saw her for the first time I knew they hit the jackpot. Dante... I think I don't have to tell you that he looks aweful. The old one was ultra cool, the new one is pathetic in every single aspect. The fans have been clear about this since the unveiling of the new look, so it only serves the devs right for ignoring us.

Fans: "we don't want this, we're not going to play it"

Devs: "we know better, you're gonna play it and love it, we know better"

Fans: "Oh rly?"

I'm very happy that this happened, cause it gives more power to the gamers. The devs have to listen to us and give us what we want. I'm extremely happy that crapcom is losing money since I'm boycotting them for boycotting Vita, but I feel sorry for Ninja Theory. They really should have stayed with Sony. Maybe they can still come back and make HS2 for Vita? I doubt anyone is gonna trust them with a huge budget now, so they can forget about going after a next gen game right now, but Vita could sure need an exclusive AAA quality HS2.

Also, I don't think this is the death of the franchise. Every single game before the reboot sold 3-4 mil copies, even DMC4. DmC will never reach 1 mil, it sold less than DMC HD Collection! This clearly goes to show that fans know what they want - old school DMC and old Dante. Just make a good game with these ingredients and it will sell. If DmC2 was supposed to have the new Dante - just forget about it, cause nobody wants to hear about such a game. It's not the fault of the fans, the devs hurt the franchise and the fans did everything the could to prevent this from happening, so I don't get it why you call them a bad fanbase.

Just listen to the fans, don't fight them.

This isn't a developer problem, but rather a publisher problem that every has turned a blind eye to. Ninja theory was caught in the line of fire between fans and Capcom. They took the fall for all of it and its almost like Capcom got away cleanly for it.

What I have always found interesting is the claim that old-school DMC fans killed the franchise these guys were ignored insulted and given a product they didn't want they of course didn't buy it and then it not selling some how became their fault.I love this insane notion that you should support something you dont want so you can continue to get something you dont want

venomcarnage said:
What I have always found interesting is the claim that old-school DMC fans killed the franchise these guys were ignored insulted and given a product they didn't want they of course didn't buy it and then it not selling some how became their fault.I love this insane notion that you should support something you dont want so you can continue to get something you dont want

Look at metacritic. The ratings on the user end were sabotaged and they never gave the game a chance despite having some of the highest ratings of the year for a hack n slash. Its called a boycott. I am a DMC fan myself (of the style) and I wasnt disappointed. This game forced Ninja Theory to learn how to work to make a demanding hack n slash and they proved their value. Most of the people who dislike the game have not played it and refused to play it and if they did play it its obvious the sequel was being prepped to expand upon the gameplay of the first. They weaved your character growth into the story instead of it feeling random like DMC normally did in the past. This is flawed logic and they have no place in an argument.

S.T.A.G.E. said:
venomcarnage said:

Look at metacritic. The ratings on the user end were sabotaged and they never gave the game a chance despite having some of the highest ratings of the year for a hack n slash. Its called a boycott. I am a DMC fan myself (of the style) and I wasnt disappointed. This game forced Ninja Theory to learn how to work to make a demanding hack n slash and they proved their value. Most of the people who dislike the game have not played it and refused to play it and if they did play it its obvious the sequel was being prepped to expand upon the gameplay of the first. They weaved your character growth into the story instead of it feeling random like DMC normally did in the past. This is flawed logic and they have no place in an argument.

But your not really answering his query. If a person thinks something is going to be crap? Why give it a chance. So are you saying that youve never seen a game and thought "that looks terrible, i dont want no part of it"? Im sure you have, so why must DMC be different, if people didnt like the direction it was going in, they have every right to ignore it. THey dont owe NT or Capcom their time and certaintly their money.

Around the Network
oniyide said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
venomcarnage said:

But your not really answering his query. If a person thinks something is going to be crap? Why give it a chance. So are you saying that youve never seen a game and thought "that looks terrible, i dont want no part of it"? Im sure you have, so why must DMC be different, if people didnt like the direction it was going in, they have every right to ignore it. THey dont owe NT or Capcom their time and certaintly their money.

You have a point that everyone has a right to their opinion, but guess what weight does their opinion hold on a game they've never played? Theres forever an opinion, but when they have a debate with someone who has played the game they are mostly lost.

edit

S.T.A.G.E. said:
oniyide said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
venomcarnage said:

You have a point that everyone has a right to their opinion, but guess what weight does their opinion hold on a game they've never played? Theres forever an opinion, but when they have a debate with someone who has played the game they are mostly lost.

I see where you are coming from, but at the end of the day does that really matter? If the series is not getting sales it needs and is actually losing userbase that means that Capcom and NT has turned people off and failed. BECAUSE they wont play it. Its really that simple, you can have arguments all you want about who played what.

oniyide said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
oniyide said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
venomcarnage said:

I see where you are coming from, but at the end of the day does that really matter? If the series is not getting sales it needs and is actually losing userbase that means that Capcom and NT has turned people off and failed. BECAUSE they wont play it. Its really that simple, you can have arguments all you want about who played what.

I agree with that, but that was one of those games that was reviwer proof. The fanbase is a niche but tough to impress group of gamers. In some ways I think it was a message they want to keep the game Japanese made for that arcadey hack n slash feel insteady of fluid, the way western companies are taking it these days.

S.T.A.G.E. said:
oniyide said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
oniyide said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
venomcarnage said:

I agree with that, but that was one of those games that was reviwer proof. The fanbase is a niche but tough to impress group of gamers. In some ways I think it was a message they want to keep the game Japanese made for that arcadey hack n slash feel insteady of fluid, the way western companies are taking it these days.

See i think thats your own personally opinion. But i have to let you have it, seeing as i didnt play DMC, never been a huge fan of that franchise or genre. Hell i the only reason i even got DMC4 because i fell in love with the anime