By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - My Little President Can't Possibly Be This Stupid

SxyxS said:
your current president is the same gw bush was-and a little bit worser.

I am assured by very smart people that he is very, very different, although no one seems to be able to articulate just how that is.

Around the Network

As Milton Friedman would say, the road to hell is paved with good intentions. This is the sort of thing he was referring to.

Playstation = The Beast from the East

Sony + Nintendo = WIN! PS3 + PSV + PS4 + Wii U + 3DS

theprof00 said:
It wasn't the central banks that fucked us, it was ARM companies. Now that those are regulated giving out loans is preferable to what banks are doing now which is not loaning and just investing.
Housing drives the economy. Without homes, people don't buy things like fertilizer, enetertainment systems and big home theater systems, garage door openers, alarm and security, appliances.

I... really don't even understand what your saying here... because you aren't using actual terminology.

Either way, the financial crisis largely happened because of "Liar loans" which largely happened because government pushed for loaning to poorer people with bad credit to get government incentives.

Which lead to compensation structures to emphasise number of loans as opposed to good loans.  Instead of getting bonuses for signing a bunch of good loans, you got bonuses for signing any loans... and specifically good bonuses for signing good loans with people with that fall under bad credit situations.  Since you've gotten the company good loans AND fufilled the government requirements.

Which lead to a bunch of brokers convincing  poor people to lie, allowing them to immediatly cash in on bonuses for doing such a good job picking out the best loans.

Considering there was no real way to tell liar loans from "good poor" loans it was a matter of eiter  A) Not compying with government directives and taking a penalty or B) Find a way to minimize risk.

They obviously went with B.

Obama is a corporatist and so are Republicans if not worse.  Republicans haven't balanced a budget in 50 years and are completely owned by the banks. I find it funny you got a problem with this. Republicans love this corporate take over and no regulation. I think  your not sure what side stands for.

Elizabeth Warren most likely will run for pres. BUy stickers or support her any way you can. banks have a lot of money and a person like this needs the help. She also grilled Holder. She is not for any side but going after banks. You have people that  will get the job done. Get over your stereo types and vote and help people that will make difference. I'm sorry to say but thats only on the democratic side and not many. Now don't stand their and act like you like regulation. MY GOD! 

My buddy is a libertarian and loves this lady.

I see a hole bunch of you that support this sort of thing and your all mad now. wtf!!!!

Additionally, the Problem right now is that a lot of people aren't getting loans because the fed keeps interest rates so low, making lending much riskier as you make less profit per loan.... Which they can't change because while the stock market is booming right now, it's a government assisted boom, and when the "punch bowl" gets taken away, the stock market will take a big hit.

AND they have deposit rates really high, so you make a bunch of money NOT loaning out money... again making loans much riskier... keeping out the middle class along with the poor.

Attempting to push "poor" lending like they did before the GFC would be weird... as it would probably create a market where the Rich and upper middle class could get loans, as well as the poor...

But if you are middle class... your sort of screwed and caught in the middle, since the banks don't make enough off your loans to risk it... and the government isn't paying them to make the loans.

Around the Network
easyrider said:

Obama is a corporatist and so are Republicans if not worse.  Republicans haven't balanced a budget in 50 years and are completely owned by the banks. I find it funny you got a problem with this. Republicans love this corporate take over and no regulation. I think  you not sure what side stands for.

Elizabeth Warren most likely will run for pres. Now don't stand their and act like you like regulation. MY GOD>  

Actually bank lobby support has been largely more a democratic thing.  Heck even 3 of the Keating 5 were Democrats.   Banks are mostly situated in democratic states.

The ironic thing about Dodd-Frank was that Chris Dodd and Barney Frank were the two biggest bank schill's in congress.  Hence why Dodd-Frank is essentially set up to destroy small banks, and allow big banks to get bigger.  (which is why the to big to fail banks have gotten even bigger.)

It was a classic "fix" that actually made things worse.  Intentionally.

Also... Elizabeth Warren has about as much chance fo winning a Democratic primary for Presient as Ron Paul did for the Republicans.  (I'm assuming he's done running anyway.)

easyrider said:

Elizabeth Warren most likely will run for pres. BUy stickers or support her any way you can. banks have a lot of money and a person like this needs the help. She also grilled Holder. She is not for any side but going after banks. You have people that  will get the job done. Get over your stereo types and vote and help people that will make difference. I'm sorry to say but thats only on the democrate side and not many. Now don't stand their and act like you like regulation. MY GOD>  

My buddy is a libertarian and loves this lady.

Aren't you supposed to be banned, spaceguy?

Kasz216 said:
easyrider said:

Obama is a corporatist and so are Republicans if not worse.  Republicans haven't balanced a budget in 50 years and are completely owned by the banks. I find it funny you got a problem with this. Republicans love this corporate take over and no regulation. I think  you not sure what side stands for.

Elizabeth Warren most likely will run for pres. Now don't stand their and act like you like regulation. MY GOD>  

Actually bank lobby support has been largely more a democratic thing.  Heck even 3 of the Keating 5 were Democrats.   Banks are mostly situated in democratic states.

The ironic thing about Dodd-Frank was that Chris Dodd and Barney Frank were the two biggest bank schill's in congress.  Hence why Dodd-Frank is essentially set up to destroy small banks, and allow big banks to get bigger.  (which is why the to big to fail banks have gotten even bigger.)

Also... Elizabeth Warren has about as much chance fo winning a Democratic primary for Presient as Ron Paul did for the Republicans.  (I'm assuming he's done running anyway.)

LOL did you read what I said? No you didn't . I said that there where not many but there are more. Some regulation, is better then known. You are just like the people on this site and their systems. You never will down your side. If you can't see the massive proof in front of you, I'm not sure you see anything. Sorry but this remark is the same thing I see all over this site. Biased and basically trying to  lesson the story by using comparisons that don't matter at all.

both sides are corrupt. You love chant for your team and you use a lot of bad data.

Why do USA citizens voted for Obama?

nintendo is doomed

>User was moderated for this post [RH]