By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Website Topics - [Staff] The Monthly Ban Report - March (record month)

Hynad said:
DieAppleDie said:
Hynad said:
AlphaCielago said:
There is a lot of 2+ bans for many of those users and quite some requested ones as well.

There's also a few of those 2+ banned that didn't see the length of their ban increased for the second same offense... ¬_¬

Like who, just be a man and give us names.

Oh, surely there are good reasons for that. The list is right there for you to check, by the way...

But since you're asking oh so politely: King Hades and Play4Fun.

So do you think they should ve been banned for a longer period of time? like you know, requesting a longer ban for them?

Around the Network

Some of those temp bans should be perm IMO see the same guys trolling every sony article here for months.

DieAppleDie said:
Hynad said:
DieAppleDie said:
Hynad said:
AlphaCielago said:
There is a lot of 2+ bans for many of those users and quite some requested ones as well.

There's also a few of those 2+ banned that didn't see the length of their ban increased for the second same offense... ¬_¬

Oh, surely there are good reasons for that. The list is right there for you to check, by the way...

So do you think they should ve been banned for a longer period of time? like you know, requesting a longer ban for them?

There are many reasons why a ban could be shortened. I'm sure there are reasons for them. That being said, it's also curious to see some regular offenders (as in, multiple same offense over the course of the last 12 months) still being at the 1 or 3 days ban level...

I'm not on the list!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Barozi said:
Weedlab said:
Look at all those alts.

Yeah lots of permabanned members make new accounts and think we don't notice, but we have our ways.

If you found someone was permabanned a long time ago and that person registered again and went on to "go straight". Would that person still be subject to an instant permaban, or is there any room for making exceptions within the limits of common sense etc?

What if this person owned up to it with the intention of becoming a responsible poster and had proven as such for a period of time?

Thanks.

Around the Network
Hynad said:
DieAppleDie said:
Hynad said:
DieAppleDie said:
Hynad said:
AlphaCielago said:

There are many reasons why a ban could be shortened. I'm sure there are reasons for them. That being said, it's also curious to see some regular offenders (as in, multiple same offense over the course of the last 12 months) still being at the 1 or 3 days ban level...

Thats actually very true.

Of course it was a record... only me received two unfair bans because mods oversensitive.

The latest ban I received was in January when I lost my control and called a user idiot... after thant I didn't make any other specific insult to another user.

ethomaz said:
Of course it was a record... only me received two unfair bans because mods oversensitive.

Excuse me, i was banned for trolling Nintendo. I win this month.

ethomaz said:

The latest ban I receive was in January when I lost my control and called a user idiot... after thant I din't make any other specific insult to another user.

Different users are viewed differently.

I've learned that myself and you would very well know that too. i.e you've got a history of skating the line and playing the system so when you make that mistake to go a bit over it, bang.

fillet said:
Barozi said:
Weedlab said:
Look at all those alts.

Yeah lots of permabanned members make new accounts and think we don't notice, but we have our ways.

If you found someone was permabanned a long time ago and that person registered again and went on to "go straight". Would that person still be subject to an instant permaban, or is there any room for making exceptions within the limits of common sense etc?

What if this person owned up to it with the intention of becoming a responsible poster and had proven as such for a period of time?

Thanks.

Wouldn't be the first time, though I don't think I can remember a previously permabanned user who made a new account and was being tolerated during my modship.
From the old times I remember obieslut and Rock_on_2008 made new accounts and behaved.... well better than before.