By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Movies & TV - Finding Dory Announced! (Finding Nemo 2!) (Not April Fool's joke)

http://ca.ign.com/articles/2013/04/02/nemo-finds-a-sequel-finding-dory-announced?abthid=515b06b05334f1766600000e

Disney and Pixar have today announced that Finding Nemo is getting a sequel. Finding Dory will arrive in US cinemas on November 25th, 2015, and (as you may have guessed) will follow the adventures of Dory, the helpful if somewhat absent-minded Blue Tang from the original movie.

Official logo for the new film.

The film will take place roughly a year after the events of the first film. Many favourites will return, including Marlin, Nemo and the Tank Gang, among others. Other details are scarce right now, but the film will take place partly along the California coastline.

Ellen DeGeneres seems pretty ecstatic about reprising her role as a forgettable fish. “I have waited for this day for a long, long, long, long, long, long time,” said DeGeneres. “I’m not mad it took this long. I know the people at Pixar were busy creating ‘Toy Story 16.’ But the time they took was worth it. The script is fantastic. And it has everything I loved about the first one: It’s got a lot of heart, it’s really funny, and the best part is—it’s got a lot more Dory.”

Ellen DeGeneres will return as the forgetful Blue Tang.

And the director of Finding Nemo, Andrew Stanton, will also be returning to oversee the sequel. “There is no Dory without Ellen,” he said. “She won the hearts of moviegoers all over the world—not to mention our team here at Pixar. One thing we couldn’t stop thinking about was why she was all alone in the ocean on the day she met Marlin. In ‘Finding Dory,’ she will be reunited with her loved ones, learning a few things about the meaning of family along the way.”

More whale impressions, please.

Around the Network

2015? That's wayyyyy too long. Why does it take Pixar so long to create movies?

Slightly better then Planes but enough with the spin offs already.

I feel like the only Pixar film that needs a sequel and doesn't seem like it will ever get one is The Incredibles.

Chris Hu said:

Honestly Finding Nemo was long overdue to see some sort of sequel or spin-off. I'm baffled it didn't happen before.

Around the Network

Sigh. So the golden era of Pixar ended with Up and Toy Story 3 (the only series that warranted sequels) and now we have Cars 2, Monsters 2, Nemo 2.

I guess Pixar looked at Dreamworks and said "I guess it is easier to just make a sequel than coming up with more original ideas". It is a shame, but least we had that glorious period of creativity from them where every next film seemed distinct.

Panama said:
I feel like the only Pixar film that needs a sequel and doesn't seem like it will ever get one is The Incredibles.

So much this. The Incredibles was such an amazing movie and I would gladly accept it.

Check out my Upcoming Wii U Games 2014 Thread

3DS Friend Code: 4553 - 9954 - 4854. Name - David

Chris Hu said:

Planes is not Pixar, it is Disney.

pixar STOP WITH THE SEQUELS !! that was one of the things i loved about you! that you ALWAYS made new movies each year! just fucking stop with the sequels!!

VGKing said:
2015? That's wayyyyy too long. Why does it take Pixar so long to create movies?

they usually like to push new technologies with each movie, plus the quality of their movies is simply unmatched by any other. so they seem to like to take their time with movies, i really dont complain much