By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Movies & TV - Finding Dory Announced! (Finding Nemo 2!) (Not April Fool's joke)

Chris Hu said:
Panama said:
I feel like the only Pixar film that needs a sequel and doesn't seem like it will ever get one is The Incredibles.

Finding Nemo did a lot better at the box office but that being said Cars did a lot worse then The Incredibles and got a sequel.

Cars is a merchandise juggernaut with only Toy Story competing with it.  They could make nothing off the films and still be profitable on that IP.

Around the Network
Soriku said:

Make dat paper Pixar.

But seriously...Dory trying to find her relatives is interesting. I thought they were gonna pull a "Nemo got captured again" but they did mention her relatives in the first movie so at least this isn't an ass pull, plus I see Dory getting motivated to find her relatives after Marlin found Nemo.

Cautiously optimistic.

I wonder if the story will pick up near where it ended... maybe Dory will feel some type of sadness after seeing how happy Nemo and Marlin are after they found each other again? I think Pixar could do very well with this movie.

Panama said:
I feel like the only Pixar film that needs a sequel and doesn't seem like it will ever get one is The Incredibles.

Incredibles 2 sequel is coming.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Incredibles#Possible_sequel

There was a time when Finding Nemo sequel was just a rumor too.

NintendoPie said:
Augen said:
Sigh. So the golden era of Pixar ended with Up and Toy Story 3 (the only series that warranted sequels) and now we have Cars 2, Monsters 2, Nemo 2.

I guess Pixar looked at Dreamworks and said "I guess it is easier to just make a sequel than coming up with more original ideas". It is a shame, but least we had that glorious period of creativity from them where every next film seemed distinct.

There is nothing wrong with sequels, especially when they are done by Pixar.

OT: 2015? I could be dead by then! That's too far.

I admire Pixar for exciting me with new ideas and pushing themselves and not giving into Disney's direct to video pressure and rewriting and saving Toy Story 2.  it was an attitude of doing things the hard way for the sake of better film making.  I consider them on par with Ghibli in respect to their craft.

The issue with sequels is "why?" as Pixar films tend to have a message, a theme and memorable visuals and characters.  I hope I am wrong, but in an animated field in the west littered with meidocrity I'd hate to see Pixar descend into it.

Augen said:

I admire Pixar for exciting me with new ideas and pushing themselves and not giving into Disney's direct to video pressure and rewriting and saving Toy Story 2.  it was an attitude of doing things the hard way for the sake of better film making.  I consider them on par with Ghibli in respect to their craft.

The issue with sequels is "why?" as Pixar films tend to have a message, a theme and memorable visuals and characters.  I hope I am wrong, but in an animated field in the west littered with meidocrity I'd hate to see Pixar descend into it.

If they can make three movies out of the Toy Story series then I think they should be able to at leat make two for each of their IP's. I think they can do it, and do it well.

Around the Network
NintendoPie said:
Augen said:

If they can make three movies out of the Toy Story series then I think they should be able to at leat make two for each of their IP's. I think they can do it, and do it well.

We shall see.  Setting my expectations low and hoping to be pleasantly surprised.

I loved finding Nemo, but 2015 is so far away :(

AlphaCielago said:
Panama said:

So much this. The Incredibles was such an amazing movie and I would gladly accept it.

Oh yes, I totally agree! That's the one Pixar movie I'd always wanted to see a sequel of! I seemed so perfectly positioned to be getting at least one, too. So weird it hasn't happened, yet.

Nintendo Network ID: Cheebee   3DS Code: 2320 - 6113 - 9046