By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Apple iPhone sales stutter as Microsoft Windows Phone market share creeps up

I thought this was another of that April fools jokes.

Good thing I read the article. Not only the title.

Around the Network
kowenicki said:
zumnupy10 said:

I thought this was another of that April fools jokes.

Good thing I read the article. Not only the title.

The title matches the article perfectly.

I know it does.  But without reading the article,it does look like one of those april fools threads of yesterday.

pezus said:
Android continues to grow (biggest but given all the devices not surprising)
Windows doubles (still small but decent trend obviously)

So, how many devices had Windows this year compared to last, since you use that to detract from Android's success?

Doesn't sound like he is detracting from Android at all but stating that MS phones are seeing some decent growth.  With some of the new highend/ low cost phones coming out from Nokia oversees, MS could see a really good spike in growth and Nokia could be on the road to recovery as well.  Currently I am looking at Nokia Win phones as they seem to provide a lot of good features for a low cost.

Android sales have been mooted by the next gen phones too what with HTC and sonys efforts coming out late in the quarter and the s4 hitting this month. I see apples market share dropping more in q2

RIP Dad 25/11/51 - 13/12/13. You will be missed but never forgotten.

Sony sees strong growth, people say it's still small. MS whose market share is even smaller goes up, it's praised? No double standard here lol.

Around the Network

Ummmm... I do hope that people know that this was the quarter when the BB10 platform/phones where revealed and none reached the market. It even has a chance of retaking the "ground" that MS managed to gather

Vote the Mayor for Mayor!

hunter_alien said:
Ummmm... I do hope that people know that this was the quarter when the BB10 platform/phones where revealed and none reached the market. It even has a chance of retaking the "ground" that MS managed to gather

The Z10 hit here the day after it was unveiled (UK) and it's already shifted over 1m handsets in the few countries it has been released in. So yeah for the US, Blackberry marketshare like Androids you would expect to be surpressed with people waiting for the new handsets to hit.

RIP Dad 25/11/51 - 13/12/13. You will be missed but never forgotten.

Article is misleading. Pretty much all the numbers discussed are for the US market, not the global market. Kantar covers several other important markets, but doesn't seem interested in aggregating those numbers into "global" sales estimates.

"The worst part about these reviews is they are [subjective]--and their scores often depend on how drunk you got the media at a Street Fighter event."  — Mona Hamilton, Capcom Senior VP of Marketing
*Image indefinitely borrowed from BrainBoxLtd without his consent.

globally I think MS is not as good on growth.... also, any decline in iPhone can only really be tied to Android's continued and sustained growth. :P

There are no official number in this article... only US estimations... the official numbers will be out some time in April with the financial earnings.