By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Apple iPhone sales stutter as Microsoft Windows Phone market share creeps up

MikeRox said:
It took a good while for Android to shake off the "no apps" image. WP just needs enough users to make the main apps worth porting and I think it'll get there. I love the look of the Nokia handsets. Though I guess some of that is Nostalgia as Nokia were the only phone maker you wanted a phone from 10+ years ago.

I'm not tied to an eco system really even though my last 2 phones have been Android (HTC Desire and now Samsung Galaxy Nexus), I'll just go for the best handset when it comes to upgrade time.

Solid post... I think the day people stop counting apps on a platform is the day no apps image gets removed. WP still has ways to go to catch up and ensure it will be getting apps on day 1. Even Android still doesn't get some apps at the same time as iOS due to being more complex to develop for and dev teams having limited resources. 

Around the Network
VGKing said:
Makes you think why doesn't Samsung make their own OS?

I read somewhere that they are working on their own OS and that since they produce all sorts of products from TV's to fridges, they could potentially link them all together with the OS so that you can control everything in your home from your smartphone. 

NNID: FrequentFlyer54

Most people I know who have recently upgraded phones, who previously had iPhones, have shifted to GSIII. I don't know anyone who's gone the other way. The only people I know who have WP are people who work for MS or work for a MS partner company.

Wow mexico hates iOS and loves RIM.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

RIM have left a huge hole in the corporate market that Windows Phones should be aimed at. Competition for IOS and Android is good for everyone.

I am surprised so many people want Samsung to build their own OS. Why?

Android is open-source. It is free. They have the source code. They can manipulate the software anyhow they like.

How can wasting money to build their own OS benefit them? Androids strength and Samsung's benefit is that many people try cheaper Android phones, like it and want a better one, which is almost always a Samsung.

I am predicting the Chrome book will be Samsung's next beast, sales are very good and other companies are now wanting a piece of this pie. Again open-source free software.