By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Movies Discussion - VOTE FOR YOU FAVORITE MOVIE OF THIS SUMMER IN THE POLL *Official Top 16 movies of Summer 2013 (May to August 2K13)*

 

Which of these Summer of 2013 movies do you like?

Apartment 1303 3D 7 10.29%
 
Percy Jackson & The O... 3 4.41%
 
Elysium 7 10.29%
 
R.E.D. 2 0 0%
 
Kick Ass 2 8 11.76%
 
This is the End 4 5.88%
 
2 Guns 0 0%
 
Peeples 0 0%
 
Fast & Furious 6 9 13.24%
 
See results 30 44.12%
 
Total:68
spurgeonryan said:
You do not support other threads, but I would hate for this to get locked for lack of others posting.

I am considering seeing the lone ranger. Maybe kids will like it. Get them into westerns. 3d at dollar show this weekend.


I heard the Lone Ranger is a good movie with a complex storyline. And that it is more then a western movie.

And the other thread I am supporting, is mine thread too, LOL.



Around the Network

That is the 3d one? Paying for or even going to 3d makes me cringe. What is this thread about? I thought this was the 3d thread.



    The NINTENDO PACT 2015[2016  Vgchartz Wii U Achievement League! - Sign up now!                      My T.E.C.H'aracter

What does everybody think about the one lame looking horror film with ppl wearing animal costumes.



spurgeonryan said:
That is the 3d one? Paying for or even going to 3d makes me cringe. What is this thread about? I thought this was the 3d thread.


This is general top summer movies, but I also have the official 3D movies of 2013 thread.

This thread has both 2D & 3D because it's top movies of summer 2013. I just prefer to split up the 3D movie reviews between this thread for 2D screening of a 3D movie, and the 3D movies of 2013 thread for the 3D screening of 3D movies. But this top summer 2013 movies thread also has 2D only movies too.

I hope that helps.



Xxain said:
What does everybody think about the one lame looking horror film with ppl wearing animal costumes.


What movie are you talking about?



Around the Network

If you seen The Wolverine in 2D then please post here, otherwise if you seen it in 3D then please post on my other thread on this link:

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=154457

 

Thanks, and Happy Year of 3D !

 

2013D

2K13D



These movies have already dropped into theaters a while ago, but oh well.

Deploying opinion in 5...4...3...2...1


The Lone Ranger. The plot is a little too predictable, and the main character can get more than a little irritating at times, but it's a pretty decent movie. Nothing mind-blowing, and nothing deep to say about any particular subject, but it has its funny bits, and its exciting bits, especially near the end. With that said, this movie was far, far too long. It's 153 minutes long, and it could easily have been under 100. It gets a lot better halfway through, but the first half is really slow. Still, aside from one genuinely off-putting scene of people being mowed down cut together with comedy, it's an enjoyable enough movie. ******

Pacific Rim. If this movie is lacking anything, it's subtlety. Subtlety in characters, in visuals, in pacing, in music. If that isn't a problem for you, this is as good of a giant-robot-versus-monster movie as you could probably ask for, and while there are a few nitpicks (like where the hell did the sword come from?) it had a perfectly serviceable plot and some creative, exciting action. *********

Despicable Me 2. Much more humorous than the first movie, with more screen-time from the minions. However, this comes at the expense of the plot, and especially the characters. With a few exceptions, the movie abandons the more heartwarming charm of the first for comedy. It works, but it's ultimately a pretty shallow experience, *******

Star Trek: Into Darkness. This movie does a lot of things right, with some genuine character moments some good set-pieces, and some nice performances. Where it falls flat, however, is in the plot, where, in all honesty, it was trying too hard. They tried too hard to connect it to elements of the franchise, they tried too hard to keep things mysterious, and they tried too hard to give it depth. The end result is still very enjoyable, but it's not nearly as clever as it seems to think, and it seems even less so the more you think about it. *******

Iron Man 3. With the exception of "the twist," which I seriously did not see coming, this movie was incredibly predictable. With that said, it was genuinely clever in some parts, and had a nice variety of solid action scenes. The pacing hits a snag about halfway through, and the trauma featured prominently in the trailers isn't executed all that well. Still, it's a solid story, and pretty entertaining. ********

Man of Steel. This movie is dumb. It's fun, exciting, and it explores some interesting ideas in unique ways, but the plot is pretty baffling. Characters end up in places they really shouldn't because of some contrivance, and there is a lot of dead weight in the cast, to the point almost all of the "human" characters could be dropped entirely. The pacing keeps this from being too terribly noticeable, but it's easy to ask simple questions while watching the movie for which it provides no real answers. If you're able to ignore that, the movie does its job well enough. ******



I believe in honesty, civility, generosity, practicality, and impartiality.

Mythmaker1 said:

These movies have already dropped into theaters a while ago, but oh well.

Deploying opinion in 5...4...3...2...1


The Lone Ranger. The plot is a little too predictable, and the main character can get more than a little irritating at times, but it's a pretty decent movie. Nothing mind-blowing, and nothing deep to say about any particular subject, but it has its funny bits, and its exciting bits, especially near the end. With that said, this movie was far, far too long. It's 153 minutes long, and it could easily have been under 100. It gets a lot better halfway through, but the first half is really slow. Still, aside from one genuinely off-putting scene of people being mowed down cut together with comedy, it's an enjoyable enough movie. ******

Pacific Rim. If this movie is lacking anything, it's subtlety. Subtlety in characters, in visuals, in pacing, in music. If that isn't a problem for you, this is as good of a giant-robot-versus-monster movie as you could probably ask for, and while there are a few nitpicks (like where the hell did the sword come from?) it had a perfectly serviceable plot and some creative, exciting action. *********

Despicable Me 2. Much more humorous than the first movie, with more screen-time from the minions. However, this comes at the expense of the plot, and especially the characters. With a few exceptions, the movie abandons the more heartwarming charm of the first for comedy. It works, but it's ultimately a pretty shallow experience, *******

Star Trek: Into Darkness. This movie does a lot of things right, with some genuine character moments some good set-pieces, and some nice performances. Where it falls flat, however, is in the plot, where, in all honesty, it was trying too hard. They tried too hard to connect it to elements of the franchise, they tried too hard to keep things mysterious, and they tried too hard to give it depth. The end result is still very enjoyable, but it's not nearly as clever as it seems to think, and it seems even less so the more you think about it. *******

Iron Man 3. With the exception of "the twist," which I seriously did not see coming, this movie was incredibly predictable. With that said, it was genuinely clever in some parts, and had a nice variety of solid action scenes. The pacing hits a snag about halfway through, and the trauma featured prominently in the trailers isn't executed all that well. Still, it's a solid story, and pretty entertaining. ********

Man of Steel. This movie is dumb. It's fun, exciting, and it explores some interesting ideas in unique ways, but the plot is pretty baffling. Characters end up in places they really shouldn't because of some contrivance, and there is a lot of dead weight in the cast, to the point almost all of the "human" characters could be dropped entirely. The pacing keeps this from being too terribly noticeable, but it's easy to ask simple questions while watching the movie for which it provides no real answers. If you're able to ignore that, the movie does its job well enough. ******

You should be an Official Film Critic.



Kaizar said:
Mythmaker1 said:

These movies have already dropped into theaters a while ago, but oh well.

Deploying opinion in 5...4...3...2...1


The Lone Ranger. The plot is a little too predictable, and the main character can get more than a little irritating at times, but it's a pretty decent movie. Nothing mind-blowing, and nothing deep to say about any particular subject, but it has its funny bits, and its exciting bits, especially near the end. With that said, this movie was far, far too long. It's 153 minutes long, and it could easily have been under 100. It gets a lot better halfway through, but the first half is really slow. Still, aside from one genuinely off-putting scene of people being mowed down cut together with comedy, it's an enjoyable enough movie. ******

Pacific Rim. If this movie is lacking anything, it's subtlety. Subtlety in characters, in visuals, in pacing, in music. If that isn't a problem for you, this is as good of a giant-robot-versus-monster movie as you could probably ask for, and while there are a few nitpicks (like where the hell did the sword come from?) it had a perfectly serviceable plot and some creative, exciting action. *********

Despicable Me 2. Much more humorous than the first movie, with more screen-time from the minions. However, this comes at the expense of the plot, and especially the characters. With a few exceptions, the movie abandons the more heartwarming charm of the first for comedy. It works, but it's ultimately a pretty shallow experience, *******

Star Trek: Into Darkness. This movie does a lot of things right, with some genuine character moments some good set-pieces, and some nice performances. Where it falls flat, however, is in the plot, where, in all honesty, it was trying too hard. They tried too hard to connect it to elements of the franchise, they tried too hard to keep things mysterious, and they tried too hard to give it depth. The end result is still very enjoyable, but it's not nearly as clever as it seems to think, and it seems even less so the more you think about it. *******

Iron Man 3. With the exception of "the twist," which I seriously did not see coming, this movie was incredibly predictable. With that said, it was genuinely clever in some parts, and had a nice variety of solid action scenes. The pacing hits a snag about halfway through, and the trauma featured prominently in the trailers isn't executed all that well. Still, it's a solid story, and pretty entertaining. ********

Man of Steel. This movie is dumb. It's fun, exciting, and it explores some interesting ideas in unique ways, but the plot is pretty baffling. Characters end up in places they really shouldn't because of some contrivance, and there is a lot of dead weight in the cast, to the point almost all of the "human" characters could be dropped entirely. The pacing keeps this from being too terribly noticeable, but it's easy to ask simple questions while watching the movie for which it provides no real answers. If you're able to ignore that, the movie does its job well enough. ******

You should be an Official Film Critic.

That would be nice. :P



I believe in honesty, civility, generosity, practicality, and impartiality.

If you have seen "2 Guns", then please post.

 

Thanks.