By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Movies & TV - "Vikings" Official Thread

Vikings is a historical TV drama on the History Channel. It follows the Adventures of Ragnar Lothbrok. Ragnar Lothbrok was a legendary Norse hero from the Viking Age who was thoroughly reshaped in Old Norse poetry and legendary sagas. In this TV. Show he is portraid by Travi Fimmel also known from nothing. In this show he does a great job of being viking.

The cast:

Series cast summary:
Travis Fimmel ...
 Ragnar Lothbrok (9 episodes, 2013)
Clive Standen ...
 Rollo (9 episodes, 2013)
Katheryn Winnick ...
 Lagertha (9 episodes, 2013)
Jessalyn Gilsig ...
 Siggy (9 episodes, 2013)
Gustaf Skarsgård ...
 Floki (9 episodes, 2013)
Gabriel Byrne ...
 Earl Haraldson (9 episodes, 2013)
George Blagden ...
 Athelstan (8 episodes, 2013)
Tadhg Murphy ...
 Arne (8 episodes, 2013)

So as you can see the cast rather unkown except Katheryn Winick who had roles in romances such as Love and other drugs or killers, and maybe Jessalyn Gislig she played Terry Shuester in Glee.

It could be compared to Spartacus, only without nudity, less violence but much better acting. I suggest if you don´t know it to check it out.

The trailer might not look like much but it really is an interesting TV Show, plus it has an amazing opening theme.

The official Imdb site

Episode 1 Review

Episode 2 Review

Episode 3 Review 

Episode 4 Review

Episode 5 Review

Around the Network
pezus said:

Lost interest here: "It could be compared to Spartacus, only without nudity, less violence but much better acting."

Just kidding, I wil probably check it out once season 1 is over.

I would have said it is Spartacus in good but that would have caused too much controversy

Could be good.

I LOVE ICELAND!

pezus said:
Better acting you say? Is it really? The acting in Spartacus is very good at times (like most of the main Romans), but some actors are lacking indeed. Are you watching Season 3?

The acting in Spartacus is really weak. Some of the main characters like Crixus and Spartacus are doing a solid job but everybody else is just not good.

Best TV series around.

Nintendo is selling their IPs to Microsoft and this is true because:

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=221391&page=1

Around the Network
pezus said:
AbbathTheGrim said:
Best TV series around.

I smell something fishy

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=5249567

You must be a doctor and have just diagnosed my short-term memory.

Nintendo is selling their IPs to Microsoft and this is true because:

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=221391&page=1

pezus said:
AndrewWK said:
pezus said:
Better acting you say? Is it really? The acting in Spartacus is very good at times (like most of the main Romans), but some actors are lacking indeed. Are you watching Season 3?

The acting in Spartacus is really weak. Some of the main characters like Crixus and Spartacus are doing a solid job but everybody else is just not good.

Answer my question, damn it!

People like Batiatus, Lucretia, Marcus Crassus, Glaber, Ashur were all amazing though. It's just some of the slaves that are weak (like new Naevia).

Batiatus was solid but tended to overact Lucretia and Glaber where to weak in emotional situations. Well Crassus and Ashur did a decent, but calling the amazing is too much. Peter Dinklage or Bryan Cranston did an amazing job in their show. And calling the performace of Ashur actor great would be an insult to really grest actors.

“It appeared that there had even been demonstrations to thank Big Brother for raising the chocolate ration to twenty grams a week. And only yesterday, he reflected, it had been announced that the ration was to be reduced to twenty grams a week. Was it possible that they could swallow that, after only twenty-four hours? Yes, they swallowed it.”

- George Orwell, ‘1984’

spurgeonryan said:
I have mostly skipped it. But Gabriel Byrne is a big actor!

Yeah right I overlooked him. He is by far the biggest name.

But you really should watch this show

The 5th episode of Vikings aired yesterday