By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Movies & TV - "Vikings" Official Thread

pezus said:
chocoloco said:

Watched the first episode. I really hope the series is popular. The characters are interesting and the show seems like it might sort of follow true history due to it being made for the history channel. My kind of thing so I might post again when I catch up. It is a shame the Vikings will find only Iceland, Greenland and Nova Scotia, but at least they can be said the first people of European decent to find the new world.

Wait,Iceland's in this??

The main character is looking to go West on annual Raids rather than following his chieftien to raids in Russia like they always do. I presume since the show is portraying real history the Vikings would find Iceland first when exploring the Atlantic since it is so close to Europe. I really do not know if Iceland or Greenland was discovered first by the Viking,  but for a show it seems way more interesting to have them find Iceland over Greenland.

Around the Network
pezus said:
chocoloco said:
pezus said:
chocoloco said:

Watched the first episode. I really hope the series is popular. The characters are interesting and the show seems like it might sort of follow true history due to it being made for the history channel. My kind of thing so I might post again when I catch up. It is a shame the Vikings will find only Iceland, Greenland and Nova Scotia, but at least they can be said the first people of European decent to find the new world.

Wait,Iceland's in this??

The main character is looking to go West on annual Raids rather than following his chieftien to raids in Russia like they always do. I presume since the show is portraying real history the Vikings would find Iceland first when exploring the Atlantic since it is so close to Europe. I really do not know if Iceland or Greenland was discovered first by the Viking,  but for a show it seems way more interesting to have them find Iceland over Greenland.

Iceland was first and then some people moved from Iceland further to the West and discovered Greenland. I hope they go there at least!

It should be a gurantee then, and the Vickings are practically all blue eyed blondes and red heads so it seems authentic. The show actually portrays real activities and cultural traits from what I can tell.

Weird never even heard of this show, till now. I'm not really a fan of spartacus though so I'm not sure if I'll like vikings. The pic of the first vid made me think it was oliver queen from arrow for a sec when he was stuck on the island.

chocoloco said:
pezus said:
chocoloco said:
pezus said:
chocoloco said:

Wait,Iceland's in this??

Iceland was first and then some people moved from Iceland further to the West and discovered Greenland. I hope they go there at least!

It should be a gurantee then, and the Vickings are practically all blue eyed blondes and red heads so it seems authentic. The show actually portrays real activities and cultural traits from what I can tell.

Yeah as allready described in the OP the Show follows Ragnar Lodbrock who was a Viking king and first discovered a way to seal to the west. I don´t wanna spoil anything for you. 

BloodyRain said:

Weird never even heard of this show, till now. I'm not really a fan of spartacus though so I'm not sure if I'll like vikings. The pic of the first vid made me think it was oliver queen from arrow for a sec when he was stuck on the island.

The only reason I compared these two shows, is because both follow a historic figure. One does is it really good so far. The other one is Spartacus

Around the Network
AndrewWK said:
AbbathTheGrim said:
AbbathTheGrim said:
Hey guys, Vikings has nudity or not?

Nevermind, read OP and it doesn;t.

not yet at least

Yeah, watched all the episodes up to this point and it is pretty clean, compared to Spartacus and GOT. I like what I've seen so far. Not epic, not trying to overreach with a presumptuous plot or anything like that, this kind of makes it easy to watch. I like that the characters aren't like well-defined as good guys or bad guys. I will watch the series to the end.

The main character reminds me of the dude from Sons of Anarchy for some reason.

Nintendo is selling their IPs to Microsoft and this is true because:

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=221391&page=1

I have added the IMDB link and a a review for every episode, for thos who are still uncertain wheter to check it out or not

Saw up to episode 3 now. Great show. Not what I was expecting because they said they were heading West not South West so I assumed Southern Europe was out of the picture. Either way going to England seems more exciting. The show really does portray the culture realistically. Like how the couples are willing to share there husband or wife with other people openly. Dumb priest has to stick to his pious ways and turn down sex. @Sabbath would approve of this I am sure.

chocoloco said:
Like how the couples are willing to share there husband or wife with other people openly. Dumb priest has to stick to his pious ways and turn down sex. @Sabbath would approve of this I am sure.

Who the hell is Sabbath?

Nintendo is selling their IPs to Microsoft and this is true because:

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=221391&page=1

AbbathTheGrim said:
chocoloco said:
Like how the couples are willing to share there husband or wife with other people openly. Dumb priest has to stick to his pious ways and turn down sex. @Sabbath would approve of this I am sure.

Who the hell is Sabbath?

Some special jewish day