By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - This gen has been settled (at least for me anyways)

I fianlly decided what gaming systems I'm buying for this gen, and Microsoft isn't on that list (unless you count windows).

After careful consideration I decided to buy a new PC with all the gaming buffs I need. My thinking is 

a) I don't have to worry about all of the hardware issues the 360 seems to be suffering from

b) I can play anything I want on the PC that comes out on the 360 and a ton of other games that will never make it on the 360. Since there aren't alot of 360 exclusives (aside from Halo 3) that I want to play (Halo doesn't really matter to me). What's the point in spendiong $400 on it? I get so much more with a new PC it's rediculous plus since I'm buying a laptop the fricking thing is portable. 

This leads me to my second realization. The only other system besides the Wii that is worth the money is the PS3. There are way more actual exclusives on the PS3 than the 360. (MGS4, Home, Resistence, Ratchet, Uncharted. ect..) So I will eventually be buying a PS3 as well.

Around the Network

Microsoft thanks you. Right now, there biggest threat to there survival is Apple, so the more PC's they sell, the better.

:)

Good choice ;-D.

Not having a PS3 will ultimately make you miss out on more this generation than anything else.

I don't personally hate Microsoft as a computer company but I do hate their shoddy console products.

That's the way I've felt for a long time. I've always been a PC man first because of RTS, and also a Nintendo and PlayStation fan because of various exclusive franchises for each, and the knowledge that both the ps3 and Wii will get plenty of new exclusive IPs from Sony and Nintendo's myriad of 1st and 2nd party developers.

In contrast, when I look at the 360, I see many PC/360 or ps3/360 multiplats, and 360 exclusives that will eventually head to the PC. It doesn't help that many of Microsoft's better developers tend to focus on the PC (Ensemble Studios).

So far, the only 360 exclusives that I have an interest in are Dead Rising and Halo Wars. Dead Rising 2 should be multiplat ps3/360, and Halo Wars will inevitably be released on the PC, so in the end I still see no reason to buy a 360. Especially when I get a much better online experience on the PC than XBL, for free.

Around the Network

I might get a PS3 or 360 when they come down in price.

Nintendo still doomed?
Feel free to add me on 3DS or Switch! (PM me if you do ^-^)
Nintendo ID: Mako91                  3DS code: 4167-4543-6089

makingmusic476 said:
That's the way I've felt for a long time. I've always been a PC man first because of RTS,

Age of Empires II all the way!

Anyway, I've kind of had this feeling too. I mean, my computer isn't ancient and I can still get a demo for or buy a game that's on the consoles as well. Still, I guess it's where it helps to know people (or have room mates) who own a 360 and Wii. 

I hate microsoft for their awful operating system. I just switched to a mac less than a month ago and I am so happy. It takes a few days to get used to the difference but after that you will never regret it. FUCK VISTA!!!!!!!!!!!!

Great choice my friend, I agree, most of the games on the xbox 360 are also brought to windows.

2008 end of year predictions:

PS3: 22M

360: 25M

wii: 40M

I feel the opposite way. There's really nothing much on the PS3 that I want to play, even in the future, and on top of that, the days of the "PC exclusive" are slowly drawing to an end. Everything is at least getting a console port nowadays. So, my feeling is, why spend $1000+ on a new PC that won't be able to play current games in three years, when you can get a 360 for $350 and be guaranteed a good library of games for longer than that?

Plus, I'm a Mac user. The 360 allows me to get my game on without having to suffer a Vista box. :) 

"'Casual games' are something the 'Game Industry' invented to explain away the Wii success instead of actually listening or looking at what Nintendo did. There is no 'casual strategy' from Nintendo. 'Accessible strategy', yes, but ‘casual gamers’ is just the 'Game Industry''s polite way of saying what they feel: 'retarded gamers'."

-Sean Malstrom