By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Wii U to top X360 sales in the week ending March 30th?

Tagged games:

Will Wii U top 360 in sales next week?

YES, It will outsell everyone (130k Plus) 15 11.19%

YES, it will break 100k 6 4.48%

YES, just 11 8.21%

It will do about as well 15 11.19%

NO, but it will come close 29 21.64%

NO, it's not going to grow much next week 44 32.84%

See Results 11 8.21%

I Miss the old non-kit Lego 2 1.49%

Total:133
JTurner82 said:
My prediction: DQX will be the #1 seller for next week in Japan. AND it will boost sales. C'mon, it's DQ. If a remake of DQVII can sell one million on 3DS, then why not this, even if it's an MMORPG?

Tagged for this lol.

Around the Network

Let see what the Wii U is made out of with Dragon Quest. I want that game out in the rest of the world.

JTurner82 said:
My prediction: DQX will be the #1 seller for next week in Japan. AND it will boost sales. C'mon, it's DQ. If a remake of DQVII can sell one million on 3DS, then why not this, even if it's an MMORPG?

well for one its an MMORPG, cant just sweep that part under the rug.

two its a port of a game that just came to Wii not long ago, a system with a much higher userbase while 7 was a full on remake, of a game that is pretty old

three Not like the game has been that well received or doing gangbusters on Wii. I dont think a later port will do better but maybe.

DQX should reach 30-40k and the bundle itself might pull in an extra 6-8k.

Wario game will sell 15-20k

Yeap,hope im wrong and sells more

oniyide said:
JTurner82 said:

well for one its an MMORPG, cant just sweep that part under the rug.

two its a port of a game that just came to Wii not long ago, a system with a much higher userbase while 7 was a full on remake, of a game that is pretty old

three Not like the game has been that well received or doing gangbusters on Wii. I dont think a later port will do better but maybe.

Is DQX really a port for the Wii U? I heard that the Wii U version was co-developed when they made the Wii version, but the games look drastically different.

DQ7 will obviously sell a lot better then this though. DQVII was a PS1 console game and the remake is a Nintendo handheld game. First of all the 3DS userbase will be a lot higher then the PS1 was, secondly new fans (nintendo platform, not Sony) and 3rd it's a remake of arguably the best DQ game. So software-wise DQ7 will obviously do a lot better then DQX.

However in terms of hardware boost, DQX is one of the first big reasons to get a Wii U in Japan. DQ7 released on an already established and partly saturated machine. So DQX can boost sales wquite a bit.

Plus I forgot about Game & Wario for Wii U which is releasing this week as well. So 2 fairly big games in Japan, a modest size game in Europe (which accounted for a 100% boost in Americas), and probably modest week 2 hardware sales after Lego in Americas.

It could break 80k and beat the 360 for a week, it's definatly possibble.

What is with all the hate? Don't read GamrReview Articles. Contact me to ADD games to the Database
Vote for the March Most Wanted / February Results

Around the Network

I think it can. It´s hard but possible