By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Wii U sales up in NA. It seems games DO make a difference.

KungKras said:
keroncoward said:

Good software will always drive hardware. No one wants a piece of plastic just for bragging rights. Who denied that games would push hardware?

I can't remember exactly who, but I think I read something like that in the forum.

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=157781

Nintendo and PC gamer

Around the Network
AbbathTheGrim said:
Yeah the same thing can be said for PSVita so similar comments and expectations ought to spawn from supporters of this notion when referring to both platforms.

The problem with the Vita is that it has gotten the wrong kind of games for a handheld.

I LOVE ICELAND!

osed125 said:
KungKras said:
keroncoward said:

Good software will always drive hardware. No one wants a piece of plastic just for bragging rights. Who denied that games would push hardware?

I can't remember exactly who, but I think I read something like that in the forum.

Oh yea, it was that guy. Well, since we've seen software actually give a boost now, I think it's safe to say who won that discussion.

I LOVE ICELAND!

Not so fast. I dont think anyone would deny hw will get a boost for sw launches but that hw wont get the boost most expect while sustaining the sales. For example multiple people think hw will sustain over 100k starting today through October

Well according to this article

Software doesn't help hardware. It's complete logic! (wink wink)

Around the Network

And it hasn't done that yet...

bananaking21 said:
No shit sherlock

anyways both Lego and monster hunter released. i wouldnt say this is attributed to only lego. lego does have its fan base and it is different to the fan base that likes japanese hunter games like monster hunter. this two games sold to two niches which drove up hardware a bit. one week doesnt really do much for the WiiU, it needs to be able to have healthy sales even without software releasing

That's why it either needs a steady stream of games or the "right" games that can sell with an evergreen pattern. It needs to follow the Wii philosophy of software, in other words.

I LOVE ICELAND!

Max King of the Wild said:
Not so fast. I dont think anyone would deny hw will get a boost for sw launches but that hw wont get the boost most expect while sustaining the sales. For example multiple people think hw will sustain over 100k starting today through October

I refer to my response to Bananaking.

I LOVE ICELAND!

Wii U saved?

Max King of the Wild said:

Who said that?

Nintendo and PC gamer