By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - "April's next Xbox announcement "pushed back a month"

I don't think Microsoft was caught off guard or even cares. Possible they were relieved after
PS4 reveal. Months back we got leaks or rumors about both the NextBox and PS4. PS4 rumors turned out to be true. It would seem NextBox is true too.

As already shown, the PS4 is a gaming machine. The NextBox is a entertainment machine. Plays games but does a bunch of other things. More or less replaces your cable box and DVD/Blu Ray player. All bundled with new Kinect... rumored. PS4 will be more powerful. Cost about the same. Doubt on a gaming level the two will be about the same or equal.

The 2 companies seem to be going very different directions.

Around the Network

Thread is hilarious. You'd think entire console generations and billions of dollars rest entirely on when/how you reveal a console.

These consoles aren't launching until the holidays. They have months to show off and hype them. You think Joe Gamer even knows about the PS4 yet? lol.

If they release around the same time as PS4, they'll be fine. If they release in 2014, or late 2013 but with much lower supplies than PS4, not so much.

No troll is too much for me to handle. I rehabilitate trolls, I train people. I am the Troll Whisperer.

Darth Tigris said:
I'll tell you guys what this REALLY means.

You ready?

Exclusive scoop, right here, only for my fellow VGC forum members.

Here's the truth: It means that the rumored April reveal date has now been changed to a rumored May reveal date.

Subie_Greg said:
I don't think Microsoft was caught off guard or even cares. Possible they were relieved after
PS4 reveal. Months back we got leaks or rumors about both the NextBox and PS4. PS4 rumors turned out to be true. It would seem NextBox is true too.

As already shown, the PS4 is a gaming machine. The NextBox is a entertainment machine. Plays games but does a bunch of other things. More or less replaces your cable box and DVD/Blu Ray player. All bundled with new Kinect... rumored. PS4 will be more powerful. Cost about the same. Doubt on a gaming level the two will be about the same or equal.

The 2 companies seem to be going very different directions.

They are both entertainment machines, the Xbox just promotes entertainment because they want to be known as the king of multimedia, so you'll see it done with more flash and flair but all in all its the same shit and one console forces you to pay for the content, thats all. Microsoft wouldn't have come into the gaming industry is Sony didnt have an entertainment/multimedia console.

Around the Network
M.U.G.E.N said:
D-Joe said:

I figure out whatever time MS reply,half hour later or 50 years later,some people will still say "sony reveal caught them off guard."

So why don't just say"i hope they never announce anything"?lol

I honestly have no idea what you are saying

@ironman: You do realize devkits change right? Depending on the number and amount of changes they go through different companies may take a longer process than the rest. Being unprepared to reveal has nothing to do with sending out the 'first' dev kits out earlier than Sony. Making a big reveal such as the next system of the company takes a lot of preparation. First party and other software reveals, venue, PR etc one has to be very careful and do the best job possible. 

About this line "You can't announce something and release specs without knowing what it is." what do you mean exactly? MS hasn't released any specs >_> Outside of leaks/rumors we don't have any concrete evidence about the nextbox yet. About keeping the hype going..this is arguable really. But not sure if it's a suitable discussion for this thread. 

and how the hell can you say sony didn't catch them off guard? Hell don't think anyone expected them to do a reveal in February. Even the sony PR made it sound like they won't. The rather amusing MS PR in response to it kinda showed they weren't that happy about it. 

Simple,whatever how MS respond to Sony,some people will still say "sony reveal caught them off guard."

J_Allard said:
Thread is hilarious. You'd think entire console generations and billions of dollars rest entirely on when/how you reveal a console.

These consoles aren't launching until the holidays. They have months to show off and hype them. You think Joe Gamer even knows about the PS4 yet? lol.

I skipped the last 5 pages to basically say this. 

With the way people are talking, you'd think Sony had released their console in February. It's just an announcement. Maybe announcing it in May will work better because it'll be hyped up well till E3. 

Machiavellian said:

First off I said showing a WORKING console with games playing on it not a PC in the background.  What would MS gain by a knee jerk reaction to the PS4 reveal.  When neither product will be out until late November what does it matter if the PS4 has the spotlight now.  Once MS reveal the nextbox everything resets.  Either MS will be able to demo a console that either competes or exceed the PS4 or it will not.  There will be plenty of media coverage, breakdown of features, hardware and software specs for anyone to make a decision on what system they want.

It does not look like MS. Is losing out on anything because it seems people are looking for any info.  When MS does make there reveal, it probably will have more people tuned in because people, new sites will want to see their answer.  It seems to me that there is so much hype to see what MS response to Sony than what Sony is doing. 

What do you think a console is, hmm? Maybe a PC in a box? Those games were running on what PS4 is running, that is the same thing. You are only fooling yourself to think it has anything to do with what physical representation the console will really have.

I'm not saying or asking for a knee jerk reaction, I'm talking about the significance of media spotlight that MS is missing out on and Sony is taking advantage of.

Things won't reset upon MS's reveal, that's not how things work. If MS can reveal a better system then they can gain back ground but if they can't or only an equal system then they are losing out on valuable time and even a better system will still be trying to gain back ground before they can rise above.

Before the PS3 everyone was nice to me :(

This is getting ridiculous, we know nothing, nothing at all from MS next console. We don't even know what's the release date, and the price of PS4. These are mere rumours, yet "microsoft was caught off-guard" lol.

Darth Tigris said:
I'll tell you guys what this REALLY means.

You ready?

Exclusive scoop, right here, only for my fellow VGC forum members.

Here's the truth: It means that the rumored April reveal date has now been changed to a rumored May reveal date.

Uhhhh, yeah THIS.

I LOVE paying for Xbox Live! I also love that my love for it pisses off so many people.