By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - DICE: "We right now don't have support for the Wii U in the Frostbite engine."

pokoko said:
Plus, I'm expecting Origin to be heavily integrated into BF4. I think Nintendo won't, or can't, swing that on the Wii U, thus the issue with having to make it into a "different game".

They've got Origin heavily integrated into NFS MW: U, so I don't think that's any excuse.

Around the Network

We'll see who's right about those numbers. It's all about the software at the end of the day. We've just had Monster Hunter 3G Ultimate, Lego City Undercover and Need For Speed Most Wanted released ending the software drought that the Wii U has had for MONTHS.

During these next few months we've got Injustice, Resident Evil Revelations, Pikmin 3, The Wonderful 101, Wii Fit, Game & Wario with Bayonetta 2, Wind Waker HD, Rayman Legends, a 3D Mario and Mario Kart 8 all on their way with a Megaton or two yet to be revealed during E3.

The problem with the Wii U hasn't been the price, it hasn't been the controller - it's been the lack of new games. Every console has been dogged by software droughts soon after release, the PS4 and 720 will be no different.

I'm expecting Nintendo to 'do a 3DS' and cut the price in November to coincide with the releases of a 3D Mario game, Mario Kart 8, the PS4 and the 720.

I'd be interested to have your opinion on the Wii U's installed userbase at the end of the year if you think I'm way off the mark..?

no more than 9mil sold. Wii U will have less than 6mil shipped by nov. Wii U will have about 5mil shipped (4mil sold) at the end of sept.

btw - monster hunter is irrelevant outside of japan and sold less than 5k first week in uk

snowdog said:
We'll see who's right about those numbers. It's all about the software at the end of the day. We've just had Monster Hunter 3G Ultimate, Lego City Undercover and Need For Speed Most Wanted released ending the software drought that the Wii U has had for MONTHS.

During these next few months we've got Injustice, Resident Evil Revelations, Pikmin 3, The Wonderful 101, Wii Fit, Game & Wario with Bayonetta 2, Wind Waker HD, Rayman Legends, a 3D Mario and Mario Kart 8 all on their way with a Megaton or two yet to be revealed during E3.

The problem with the Wii U hasn't been the price, it hasn't been the controller - it's been the lack of new games. Every console has been dogged by software droughts soon after release, the PS4 and 720 will be no different.

I'm expecting Nintendo to 'do a 3DS' and cut the price in November to coincide with the releases of a 3D Mario game, Mario Kart 8, the PS4 and the 720.

I'd be interested to have your opinion on the Wii U's installed userbase at the end of the year if you think I'm way off the mark..?

you are right, it is about the software.  and wiiU isn't getting GTA.  it isn't getting tomb raider.  it isn't getting bioshock. it isn't getting destiny.  it isn't getting battlefield 4.  it isn't getting mgs5.  the list of multiplats wiiU isn't getting is waay bigger than the list of games it is actually getting.  we'll see about your E3 megathons but i bet you i can guess what they are:  3D mario and mario kart 8..

you want my opinion on wiiU?  well i track all of the console's sales in my goalpost chartz thread and since the holiday ended wiiU has been selling worse than vita week to week (which for your reference is waay worse than ps3 or 360 so this isn't an "Every console" thing).  so over the period for which wiiU is selling worse than vita the vita sold 3.45M.  add that to 2.2M wiiU sold last holiday and you get 5.65M sold at the end of 2013.  so i think 6M +/- 0.5M at the end of 2013.

it would have to have one hell of a turn around to do otherwise and with the wiiU already sold at a loss i don't think nintendo will do another 32% pricecut.  they simply can't afford it.

arminuk said:
I bet it will be exclusive to new Xbox haha

Since it ran on an AMD GPU, no. It'll essentially be a PC title too and potentially both next gen consoles.

Around the Network

Yep. EA is ensuring they can't build any WiiU / Nintendo games.

I really hope the new EA CEO has a different opinion on this as the long-term blacklisting of Nintendo by EA will likely be more detrimental to Nintendo than EA.

EDIT: to those who believe this crap. At E3 2011 and 2013 EA said there would be a lot of EA support and Battlefield woudl be there. EA was even on Nintendo's stage. How can you possibly deny an ulterior motive exists?

Like I've mentioned before you'll see EA's hissy fit ending before the end of the year. Whether it's my 10m+, Max's

CGI-Quality said:
GameAnalyser said:
arminuk said:
I bet it will be exclusive to new Xbox haha

Since it ran on an AMD GPU, no. It'll essentially be a PC title too and potentially both next gen consoles.

It's already confirmed for PC/PS4.

I had missed the update. As expected.