By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - DICE: "We right now don't have support for the Wii U in the Frostbite engine."

hsrob said:
That seems quite reasonable. The Wii U user base is still very low. If it gets announced for PS4 and Xbox 720 but not Wii U then there's more to the story.

Battlefield 4 is already confirmed for ps4

ǝןdɯıs ʇı dǝǝʞ oʇ ǝʞıן ı ʍouʞ noʎ 

Ask me about being an elitist jerk

Time for hype

Around the Network

I refuse to believe the spokesperson of DICE speaks broken English. EA might suck huge, nasty cocks for a living, but they are usually pretty pro about it.

It's really hard to find fault with that. Would it really be worth it to take people away from any of the other versions? Battlefield isn't going to sell on the Wii U to the point where it would validate lowering development time on the expected platforms.

Plus, I'm expecting Origin to be heavily integrated into BF4. I think Nintendo won't, or can't, swing that on the Wii U, thus the issue with having to make it into a "different game".

Things I took away from this:
- Battlefield 4 is made with the current generation in mind.
- DICE didn't even bother trying to run their engine on Wii U, so their minds were probably made up before they seriously looked into the hardware.
- DICE doesn't have a B-Team to do the menial work like Treyarch did.

3DS Friend Code: 0645 - 5827 - 5788
WayForward Kickstarter is best kickstarter: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1236620800/shantae-half-genie-hero

F0X said:

Things I took away from this:
- Battlefield 4 is made with the current generation in mind.
- DICE didn't even bother trying to run their engine on Wii U, so their minds were probably made up before they seriously looked into the hardware.
- DICE doesn't have a B-Team to do the menial work like Treyarch did.

Answers from my point of view:

1) Current gen and PC yes. That's where the audience is. No one would optimize such an expensive game for platforms that will have very low install bases at release.

2) Correct. They saw little potential in Wii U sales compared to costs/time.

3) Correct again.

Around the Network
hsrob said:
That seems quite reasonable. The Wii U user base is still very low. If it gets announced for PS4 and Xbox 720 but not Wii U then there's more to the story.

Of course there's more to the story, Battlefield 4 not appearing on the Wii U has nothing to do with the installed userbase and everything to do with EA's hissy fit over Origin/Tiger Woods.

EA's attitude will change before the end of the year when the Wii U has an installed userbase over 10m...if it doesn't you'll see shareholders sharpening pitchforks and lighting torches lol.

Deyon said:
SaviorX said:

-Pic

should i dare ask what he posted?

snowdog said:
hsrob said:

Of course there's more to the story, Battlefield 4 not appearing on the Wii U has nothing to do with the installed userbase and everything to do with EA's hissy fit over Origin/Tiger Woods.

EA's attitude will change before the end of the year when the Wii U has an installed userbase over 10m...if it doesn't you'll see shareholders sharpening pitchforks and lighting torches lol.

trololol

EA's attitude will cihange before the end of the year when the Wii U has an installed userbase over 10m...if it doesn't you'll see shareholders sharpening pitchforks and lighting torches lol.

trololol

ive had this convo with him. he thinks nintendo will start selling 105k a week starting right now. each week it doesn't that number goes up about 2k. but he is still convinced they will have 6mil before november

and yet they are developing it for the PS4 which hasn't been release yet