By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - Battlefield 4 demo ran on an AMD Radeon HD 7990 ‘Malta’ Video Card

Tagged games:

Captain_Tom said:
superchunk said:
So PS4/neXtBox will look slightly worse than that.

PS360 = min specs no AA or anything else.
next-gen = medium with AA turned on.
PC = well, it equals based on what you got but could be high with everything turned on.

This card is 4 times stronger than the one in the PS4.  

The PS4 has a 7850

The 7970 is twice as strong as a 7850.

The 7990 is twice as strong as a 7970.

The PS4 version will look decently worse.  Perhaps this is why they are rumored to be making it in 720p for nextgen.

how much more does it cost if an individual wanted that card in their pc over the 7850?

just asking..

Around the Network

I think the PS4 and Nextbox should be able to handle 30FPS at that quality, most likely won't reach 60FPS in it's life time though.

Captain_Tom said:
CGI-Quality said:
".....which the company claims is the world's fastest video card".

Yeah, Benchmarks that clear the 690 or it didn't happen!

The current 7990's already have been benchmarked and they do beat the 690.  The funny thing is these are 7990's made without AMD's help, so the official one is probably stronger.

This is correct.

7970 in crossfire beat GTX 680 in SLI and the Powercolor devil aftermarket 7990 does beat GTX 690 in performance but loses out on power consumption, heat and noise.

If the official AMD card can fix those issues Powercolor card had, they should have a winner. Also, sell it for 800 bucks guys. 1000 bucks for a video card is just rediculous. Show Nvidia how crazy they are asking 1000 bucks dor a Titan.

disolitude said:
Captain_Tom said:
CGI-Quality said:

The current 7990's already have been benchmarked and they do beat the 690.  The funny thing is these are 7990's made without AMD's help, so the official one is probably stronger.

This is correct.

7970 in crossfire beat GTX 680 in SLI and the Powercolor devil aftermarket 7990 does beat GTX 690 in performance but loses out on power consumption, heat and noise.

If the official AMD card can fix those issues Powercolor card had, they should have a winner. Also, sell it for 800 bucks guys. 1000 bucks for a video card is just rediculous. Show Nvidia how crazy they are asking 1000 bucks dor a Titan.

they want that much for fucking graphics cards alone?

OH HELLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL NO!

you pc guys are better than me! YOU.. ARE.. BETTER.. THAN.. ME!!

I can't even imagine trying to buy all the other parts to make a gaming pc

i'll be damned

enrageorange said:
teigaga said:
I'm going to be an optimist and say that based on Battlefield 2142 (2006) vs current gen. Next-gen console games will reach this point by 2014s end.

Idunno. Battlefield wasn't a graphics showcase game back then. I think it will be more reasonable to compare to Crysis (2007) vs current gen. In which case it might be a long time if ever that console games look that good and I mean from a technical standpoint, not artistic.

I know, Battlefield 2142 really wasn't that impressive from a graphical standardpoints. most consoles games outshone it even at launch IMO, but 360 and ps3 were actually high end for their time. Still I don't think these graphics will be unachievable, its not world apart from Killzone. The graphics leap crysis made in 2007 was unprecidented, you couldn't even compare it to a console game of its time. 

Anyway, E3 is rolling up, I still don't think we have a strong sense of what the ps4 is capable off. We've only really seen solid gameplay from Killzone, theres Knack too but isn't really comparable due to artstyle.

Around the Network
wfz said:

No one should be confused about what system the demo was running on when it said something like "PRESS E" to cut the guy's leg off. Dead giveaway. :P That and the fact that DICE would demo this on the best possible hardware of course.. which is PC hardware.

I look forward to this game and hope my card can run it at a respectable rate!

Naw mayne, keyboard on next xbox controller confirmed!

OT: No shocker there, destruction and particle effects have been lifted dramatically over the course of the 7th gen and skin textures, cloth physics and animations as well. This is showing the evolution in all the above, even though the single player campaign in BF4 will be shit, the new engine is truly impressive.

I do wonder what kind of visuals the consoles will be able to pull off though, BF3 on PS3 and 360 did not look very good at all. I also wonder how big the matches will be this time around, especially on PC and PS4/720.

Mummelmann said:
wfz said:

No one should be confused about what system the demo was running on when it said something like "PRESS E" to cut the guy's leg off. Dead giveaway. :P That and the fact that DICE would demo this on the best possible hardware of course.. which is PC hardware.

I look forward to this game and hope my card can run it at a respectable rate!

Naw mayne, keyboard on next xbox controller confirmed!

OT: No shocker there, destruction and particle effects have been lifted dramatically over the course of the 7th gen and skin textures, cloth physics and animations as well. This is showing the evolution in all the above, even though the single player campaign in BF4 will be shit, the new engine is truly impressive.

I do wonder what kind of visuals the consoles will be able to pull off though, BF3 on PS3 and 360 did not look very good at all. I also wonder how big the matches will be this time around, especially on PC and PS4/720.

I was 4 minutes too late to make the joke

:'(

128 player servers would be interesting 0_0

I have been gaming for many years and can't recall so much talk about a console not being able to handle the graphics of a game almost a full year before its release. It goes to show how far ahead PC is from the rest.....

Captain_Tom said:
superchunk said:
So PS4/neXtBox will look slightly worse than that.

PS360 = min specs no AA or anything else.
next-gen = medium with AA turned on.
PC = well, it equals based on what you got but could be high with everything turned on.

This card is 4 times stronger than the one in the PS4.  

The PS4 has a 7850

The 7970 is twice as strong as a 7850.

The 7990 is twice as strong as a 7970.

The PS4 version will look decently worse.  Perhaps this is why they are rumored to be making it in 720p for nextgen.

Sure, when comparing PCs. But this is a console where that 7850M will be heavily optimized with 8GB of GDDR5 ram and the game will be coded to the hardware not the OS.

So, yes PS4s GPU is quite a bit less than the desktop PC 7990 in this video. However, the PS4 has NONE of the bottlenecks a Win8 general purpose PC with that GPU would have.

So, PS4/neXtBox game really will likely be 1080p30FPS (constant) with 4xAA... essentially a med PC setting where PC can of course reach the top.

CGI-Quality said:
Captain_Tom said:
CGI-Quality said:

As I said, show it. ;)

Edit: Nevermind, did the work for you. Ironically enough, Battlefield 3 performs better on a 690 than either a 7970 (single or Crossfire) and the 7990.

Tom's Hardware: "None of the three cards in today's comparison dominates the competition completely. The best-performing model depends on what you're looking to do. 

These benchmarks were done using amd catalyst 12.9 and 12.11 drivers and with cards that are dont have official driver supprt but are havked together by OEMs.

Current drivers for AMD are at 13.3 and everyone has been raving that the 13.xx drivers brought massive improvements to amd cards in terms of crossfire scalling. Once those drivers officially support a single PCB 7990 I wouldnt be surprised if AMD has a clean sweep on their hands for these benchmarks.