By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Kojima @ GDC 2013: FOX Engine & Ground Zeroes + Phantom Pain = MGSV

MaxwellAllen said:
So there are two games? I'm not sure if anyone has mentioned this yet but Big Boss never had a hook for a hand... Pretty sure that's not Big Boss. Hence the exclusion of David Hayter as voice over talent.

Two phantoms sounds like 2 guys, whether human or clone-- but that can't be Big Boss.

Maybe it's Gray Fox for the opening tutorial and then you play the rest of the game as Naked Snake/Big Boss. Kind of like how we played as Solid Snake for the tutorial level of MGS 2 and then Raiden for the rest.

Or it could just be one big hallucination. Kojima has put a lot of weird stuff in the Metal Gear games but I doubt even he would seriously add flying fire whales to the cannon.

Around the Network
MaxwellAllen said:
So there are two games? I'm not sure if anyone has mentioned this yet but Big Boss never had a hook for a hand... Pretty sure that's not Big Boss. Hence the exclusion of David Hayter as voice over talent.

Two phantoms sounds like 2 guys, whether human or clone-- but that can't be Big Boss.

He obviously was injured (during Ground Zeros im guessing) and needed to have his hand removed and replaced while he was in a coma. Look at his cigar hand at the end of the trailer. There's no question that's Big Boss

Yup there is two games.
Ground zero will take place nine years before Phantom pain.
Ground Zero will be the prologue.

http://www.siliconera.com/2013/03/27/the-phantom-pain-and-metal-gear-solid-ground-zeroes-are-two-separate-games/

kain_kusanagi said:

First we had one Metal Gear game and another game by a fake developer headed by a fake director. Then it's all MGS 5. Now it's two games again, but two games that make up one game. MGS5 has been split into a prolague and a main game. 

I just love all the unnecessarily cryptic methods Kojima uses to inform us of his games.

Not.

I love that... Kojima is a genius.

MaxwellAllen said:

In a game you have the body rebuild every time... I can see Big Boss having a hook.

More... in Metal Gear 2 for MSX did imply that Big Boss had cyber-attachments

Around the Network
ethomaz said:

This is awesome man.

smart move by Kojima. He knows fans will buy both games, so he will actually be selling two games instead of one

theprof00 said:
smart move by Kojima. He knows fans will buy both games, so he will actually be selling two games instead of one

I think that is more a Konami move lol

pezus said:

She looks almost exactly like the girl in Beyond

Same clothes even...wtf

lol maybe I missed something lol

pezus said:
ethomaz said:

pezus said:

She looks almost exactly like the girl in Beyond

Same clothes even...wtf

lol maybe I missed something lol

Lololol I think you did

I seriously doubt the PS3 can run this. But yeah this girl looks a lot like Ellen Paige, or the LAst of Us girl I forgot her name