By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Zombie Studios boss: ‘Sony in it to win it’ with PS4

TheBlackNaruto said:
sales2099 said:
badgenome said:
sales2099 said:
Id imagine Nintendo and MS are also in it to win it. lol this is news?

I'm sure they are. I think this is just a nice way of saying that Sony is kicking their asses.

.......PS3 is 3rd and WiiU is technically winning. lol nm.

What you say is true....but what does that have to do with the article? About the PS4 being in it to win it and what he was saying? I mean I get your point but still dude really....it is just someone complemting Sony on what they have planned and how they are handling the PS4...geez

I read the article, and it it is just a developer saying Sony has been helpful to them. Okay....but the rest is something out of a forum when talking about Sonys drive to win.

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

Around the Network

Interesting article. Developers seem to be really impressed with Sony relative to the early PS3 years.

The "Microsoft has a different outlook" comment is also interesting, especially from someone with enough information to be under their NDA. Can't wait to find out more about the 720, to see if their focus has shifted away from gaming somewhat.

I also think Sony is doing a brilliant job of indirect marketing. People are hyped for the PS4 partially because of what developers are saying during interviews, which is excellent advertising.

sales2099 said:
TheBlackNaruto said:
sales2099 said:
badgenome said:
sales2099 said:

I'm sure they are. I think this is just a nice way of saying that Sony is kicking their asses.

What you say is true....but what does that have to do with the article? About the PS4 being in it to win it and what he was saying? I mean I get your point but still dude really....it is just someone complemting Sony on what they have planned and how they are handling the PS4...geez

I read the article, and it it is just a developer saying Sony has been helpful to them. Okay....but the rest is something out of a forum when talking about Sonys drive to win.

Again ture...just still talking about as far as what they are doing with the PS4 which is kind of what the article implies even if only for the time being of course. Bringing in the PS3 being in 3rd place and even the Wii U which is not doing so hot right now even amoung devs is just kind of odd I guess. Again I get where you are coming from though.

The absence of evidence is NOT the evidence of absence...

PSN: StlUzumaki23

Oh snap. The guys from Blacklight Tango Down have spoken! Such a highly acclaimed AAA game. I am speechless.

/sarcasm

It's just that simple.

Third place (soon to be 2nd or already second according to some sources) this generation is better then 3rd place like the Sega Saturn, Sega dreamcast, and Nintendo GameCube simply because of sales. The ps3 is considered a failure by some people because it didn't sell as well as the ps1 and ps2 but that's still better then every Sega, Nintendo (minus the Wii and handhelds are not consoles), microsoft (will pass very soon), and atari console released.

Around the Network
weaponx3 said:
The ps3 is considered a failure by some people because it didn't sell as well as the ps1 and ps2

And because it cost Sony billions.

kowenicki said:
they were in it to win it with the PS1,PS2,PS3,PSP and PSVita

sometimes they do sometimes they dont.

No shit...

The guy obviously means Sony is really in this - going to great lengths and efforts and pouring resources into it to a greater extent than what they've done in the past. At least that's what it seems like from his perspective and it shouldn't be hard to see that's what he meant.

Dont worry, once they do win they will go back to beeing arrogant.

I think devs are slowly but surely confirming the rumors about the nextbox.

sales2099 said:
badgenome said:
sales2099 said:

No 360 is third, PS3 shipped more consoles than 360 a while back. There is no way to track the total sales of hardware, thus you can only rely on the number of consoles shipped.