By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Zombie Studios boss: ‘Sony in it to win it’ with PS4

Zombie Studios boss: ‘Sony in it to win it’ with PS4
"Microsoft definitely has a different outlook," says Gerritzen.

Sony has been “very, very proactive” in its relationship with Zombie Studios, company boss Jared Gerritzen told Destructoid at the Game Developers Conference in San Francisco.  

Zombie yesterday revealed its free-to-play first-person shooter Blacklight: Retributionwould come to PlayStation 4 during a Sony-hosted PlayStation Indie Arcade event at GDC.

“I think Sony is really in to win this one,” Gerritzen said. “I’m good friends with a lot of guys at Microsoft, I’m under their NDA flag, and Microsoft definitely has a different outlook than Sony does. Sony, like they say ‘Yeah, PlayStation 3 wasn’t what we wanted it to be in comparison in the ‘arms’ race.’

“So now they’re going hard, man,” Gerritzen added. “I think that it will be really interesting to see what Xbox fires back with. It’ll be an awesome E3. Sony is just like, ‘GO! GO! GO! Let’s make this hardcore! Let’s get all these devs in and let’s make it as good as we can.’”

According to Gerritzen, Sony is doing more than simply approving projects. They’re offering direct developer support and game promotion.

“They could have just been like, ‘Yeah, put it on the PlayStation 4. Cool,’” he said. “But they’re sending us kits, they’re sending us everything, they’re pulling us into PR groups, they’re setting up these events for us, and it’s just awesome.”

The PlayStation 4 version of Blacklight: Retribution will be the same as the PC version, but with a different experience, said Gerritzen. “Everything” is being redeveloped, including “all of the controls for the controller,” and the touch panel will be utilized in some way. The monetization system will be ‘completely restructured,’ too.

Blacklight: Rretribution is due out for PlayStation 4 ‘a few months’ after the system launches this holiday.

http://gematsu.com/2013/03/zombie-studios-boss-sony-in-it-to-win-it-with-ps4

Around the Network

badgenome said:

HA!!!! My first time very seeing this one lol!

The absence of evidence is NOT the evidence of absence...

PSN: StlUzumaki23

Id imagine Nintendo and MS are also in it to win it. lol this is news?

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

every company is in to win something lol.....dafuq is this

Around the Network
sales2099 said:

I'm sure they are. I think this is just a nice way of saying that Sony is kicking their asses.

badgenome said:
sales2099 said:

I'm sure they are. I think this is just a nice way of saying that Sony is kicking their asses.

.......PS3 is 3rd and WiiU is technically winning. lol nm.

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

sales2099 said:

.......PS3 is 3rd and WiiU is technically winning. lol nm. Dont want to get into this here.

Looks to me like PS3 is in first place with a bullet this week, and Wii U is managing to lose even though it's the only runner.

In other news 'developers supremely focused on game development', 'retailers intent on shifting as extreme a number of units as possible'?

sales2099 said:
badgenome said:
sales2099 said:

.......PS3 is 3rd and WiiU is technically winning. lol nm.

What you say is true....but what does that have to do with the article? About the PS4 being in it to win it and what he was saying? I mean I get your point but still dude really....it is just someone complemting Sony on what they have planned and how they are handling the PS4...geez

The absence of evidence is NOT the evidence of absence...

PSN: StlUzumaki23