By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Japan sales: Famitsu & Media create - week 12 ( march 18-24)

think-man said:
Claymore said:
think-man said:
Claymore said:
BaldrSkies said:

There's some people saying Vita has no more upcoming games in Japan, but obviously they have not looked at the upcoming schedules for major platforms. Let's do a comparison on upcoming confirmed release games thru June, in other words Spring releases, along with a notion on how big the game will be relative to the system. No download only stuff, no low-price rereleases, no educational programs, etc. Real games.

Vita
Sei Madou Monogatari (moderate)
Oboro Muramasa (large)
Photokano Kiss (moderate)
Sangoku Koi Senki (minor)
Kajiri Kamui Kagura (minor)
Meikyuu Cross Blood (minor-moderate)
Valhalla Knights 3 (moderate-large)
Haiyore Nyarukosan (moderate)
Kami Jigen Idol Neptune PP (moderate-large)
Memories Off (minor)

3DS
Farming Simulator 3D (minor)
Cardfight (moderate)
Tomodachi Collection (large)
Detective Conan (minor-moderate)
Shin Megami Tensei 4 (large)
Chousoku Henkei Gyrozetter (moderate)
Ninja Shashamarukun (minor)
Digimon World Re:digitize Decode (moderate)

WiiU
Game&Wario (moderate)
Dragon Quest X (moderate-large)
Resident Evil Revelations Unveiled (moderate)
Injustice (minor)
F1 Race Stars (minor)

Really over estimating most of those Vita games.

You'll find BaldrSkies is usually right about most Japan info.

So games like Muramasa, Valhalla Knights and photokano which sold around 25-30k frist week and a few 100k life time with much larger install bases are suddenly going to be massive sellers on the Vita, I don't think so.

Your history shows you clearly don't like the vita and love the 3DS, so there is no point talking anymore about this.

I can see right through you.

Why? Nothing he said was factually incorrect, it's just whether you consider a game which sells below 50k FW as 'huge' or not. I don't. 

Ive nothing against the libraries (because all systems are pretty lacklustre), but you can't say one game is massive and measure it relative to install base, or every PS4 game would be huge. A game is big if it sells Luigis Mansion (or over 200k) numbers, regardless of the console it is on.

Maybe that's a bit high, but you get the point.

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

Around the Network
Conegamer said:

Why? Nothing he said was factually incorrect, it's just whether you consider a game which sells below 50k FW as 'huge' or not. I don't. 

Ive nothing against the libraries (because all systems are pretty lacklustre), but you can't say one game is massive and measure it relative to install base, or every PS4 game would be huge. A game is big if it sells Luigis Mansion (or over 200k) numbers, regardless of the console it is on.

Maybe that's a bit high, but you get the point.

I've come to the personal decision that about 120k is quite a good first week for a game in Japan. 150k+ is very good.

Of course we have higher expectations for certain series, and a game like Luigi's Mansion should (and did) sell more FW than, say, Kid Icarus: Uprising. Fire Emblem: Awakening, Kingdom Hearts 3D, and of course Monster Hunter 3G and Dragon Quest VII all had over 200k openings -- this is phenomenal by most games' standards, but hardly surprising considering the pedigree of those franchises.

I'm not sure where I'm going with this, there's no handicap anyone can give the Vita that would justify Vita-3DS software sales compaisons to me. I just don't see the point of comparing them at all. Comparing the quality and quantity of the libraries makes sense, but that probably wouldn't be a very civil discussion for long.

shakarak said:
I'm willing to say that Luigis Mansion had at least 100k digital sales.

Not a chance, probably more like ~30-50k. 

the_dengle said:
BaldrSkies said:

I said the significance is relative to each system. Of course a system with 10 million units sold will have a far better chance of pushing more software sales than one with 1 million. If it was a straight comparison, nearly everything on Vita and everything on Wii U would be "minor" or "dead".

But if you're comparing Vita software to 3DS software, why would you make it "relative to the system"? Otherwise you wind up with Muramasa under the same "large" heading as Tomodachi, which...... yeah.

I'm not sure why you want to compare software sales volume across two platforms with completely different install bases, anyway. It's clear that the 3DS comes out on top with sales know matter how you look at it. Vita has some nice games coming -- I think most people are curious about its summer-and-beyond lineup. 3DS already has quite a few games confirmed for the second half of the year. No hurry of course, but we'll see when we get there what Vita has.

The question isn't which game sells more but rather which games will push hardware. Isn't that what this discussion was about. That's why you want bigger games to come fast, so you can increase/sustain sales levels. Why wouldn't you make it relative?

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

It´s about time to have those download sales numbers, retail numbers alone can´t give us a clear view of the market anymore.

Around the Network
naruball said:
Turkish said:
tbone51 said:
Turkish said:
I think a certain person is missing from this thread, a certain someone who was every week in these threads posting comments like "vita awful", "vita near dead", "how low can vita go"

wasn't it more than 1 person? Anyway i said 42k for vita this week :P.... i knew one piece would boost sales, love one piece

That person is kowenicki, someone gathered all his posts about Vita in Japan sales threads and made a thread about it. Dude kept repeating the same thing week after week but he can't now can he.

Interesting. Link to the thread? I noticed it too and pointed out to him, but he didn't listen...

It's in my sig

theprof00 said:
naruball said:
Turkish said:
tbone51 said:
Turkish said:
I think a certain person is missing from this thread, a certain someone who was every week in these threads posting comments like "vita awful", "vita near dead", "how low can vita go"

wasn't it more than 1 person? Anyway i said 42k for vita this week :P.... i knew one piece would boost sales, love one piece

That person is kowenicki, someone gathered all his posts about Vita in Japan sales threads and made a thread about it. Dude kept repeating the same thing week after week but he can't now can he.

Interesting. Link to the thread? I noticed it too and pointed out to him, but he didn't listen...

It's in my sig

That would have been a very funny thread to continue on with.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

NintendoPie said:
Kresnik said:

("Next week it will plummet"  "Okay, NEXT week it will plummet" etc.)

At some time the Vita has to "fall", Kresnik. This price-cut boost won't happen forever.

*whoosh*

Of course they're going to fall further, Pie, that was never up for debate.  What I'm saying is - a few posts (not a great deal, but some) were calling Vita-back-to-20k-doom the week after Soul Sacrifice.  They seemed to believe that the price cut effect had worn off altogether and there was no more software coming that would maintain respectable levels.  Which obviously was a load of rubbish, and the sales have proved that for two weeks now.  

That's all that post was about.  We haven't seen what the new baseline for Vita is yet, I agree, but that's not the point I was making.  The descent to the new baseline is coming, but we'll see it the week after next (once Muramasa/Holy Sorcery Story are out) rather than 2 weeks ago.

Guys, can anyone answer my question. What's the best way to estimate digital sales numbers for PS3 version of One piece musou 2. Do we have to wait for shipment numbers from Namco/Koei or do they not include digital download either.

Jabbamk1 said:
Guys, can anyone answer my question. What's the best way to estimate digital sales numbers for PS3 version of One piece musou 2. Do we have to wait for shipment numbers from Namco/Koei or do they not include digital download either.

Chances are we will never know unless it does well enough for Namco to come out and say the numbers. 

Former something....