By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PS3 is a failure claim revisited.

ASStronaut said:
Mummelmann said:

A mock vgchartz thread created to defuse another thread with content the OP doesn't like. I have never seen anything like it before.
However;

1: "Lair"... no comment needed.

2: Sixaxis without rumble was beyond stupid to release, the whole sixaxis concept is useless.

3: Bleeding money, losing Sony all profits from PS2 and PS1 combined.

4: Losing tons of exclusive games and content.

5: Needlessly difficult architecture, this one goes without saying.

6: Going from 75% to perhaps 31-32% marketshare in one gen is quite the disaster.

7: Swing and a miss with Move, that thing had zero impact (regardless of sales).

8: No backwards compatability. BC was a big feature of the PS2 and quite important for many people.

9: Took a reeeeeally long time to produce a worthwhile online service.

10: Incredibly slow servers for patches and general downloads is hardly a great idea in this day and age.

Great post.

Why do you think the wii U, gamecube, first xbox were and are failures? It makes you think right? Must be a lot of reasons they are such huge failures. 

Around the Network

Check out my video game music blog:

http://games-and-guitars.synergize.co/

PROUD MEMBER OF THE PLAYSTATION 3 : RPG FAN CLUB

He who hesitates is lost

twilight_link said:
pezus said:
Arbitrary points to support an argument. Sure, PS3 wasn't a big success, but that doesn't mean it failed. In the end, Sony still hold the most powerful brand in gaming worldwide, as you see here each week and you will see with PS4 when they don't make the mistakes they made with PS3 ($600, hard to develop for and so on).

Playstation Vita is good example of how powerful the brand is

yeah cause handheld PS is a good indication of how well home console PS is doing.  Oh wait...Nintendo pretty much shows how useless that comparison is with WiiU, GC, N64 vs. 3DS, GBA, and GBC in their gens

Also saw your point about exclusives earlier.  You do realize Sony has left many popular franchises on the table or not bought them right?  Crash, Spyro, etc. could've been bought if they really just wanted to put those games out (should've done it with Crash even if ND didn't work on it since they were tired of it).  Sly rested this gen.  Heavy Rain, Uncharted, Infamous, and LBP were all started this gen and have been quite successful.  Heavy Rain seems to get great customer reviews and I would bet Beyond will do even more than its 2m, Uncharted is obvious and has grown with every installment (unless you again feel like throwing in handhelds), Infamous has obviously been successful enough for Sony to buy out SP and fund a third game for PS4 launch after putting the second on PS+, and LBP has been huge for the casual market this gen as far as establishing an image of a more family friendly device while also being a great hardcore game with many awesome levels made daily.  Killzone has also really only gotten popular this gen and is now the showcase for PS4 at launch (may be bundled and considering Resitance did 4m as a new IP, KZ could easily top that as an established IP with a better online network at the start of this gen).

Get Your Portable ID!Lord of Ratchet and Clank

Duke of Playstation Plus

Warden of Platformers

pezus said:
walsufnir said:
BaldrSkies said:
It's interesting how people still think PS Move is a copy of the Wii. I'm pretty sure it was an advancement on the EyeToy from the PS2 days. If anything the Wii copied the console motion control concept with enhancements.

However, it is undeniable that the PS Move was released in response to the Wii's success.

so you say sony invented motion controls? without wii and ms announcing kinect sony would've released move? 

As far as I know, Sony was the first of the big 3 to embrace motion control on consoles. That's what he means.

Depends on what you define as motion controls. My Master System had a Lightgun which can also be described as a motion control.

Well, Wii U owners are in for a treat if Nintendo decides to go the same route as Sony to gain back marketshare.

“It appeared that there had even been demonstrations to thank Big Brother for raising the chocolate ration to twenty grams a week. And only yesterday, he reflected, it had been announced that the ration was to be reduced to twenty grams a week. Was it possible that they could swallow that, after only twenty-four hours? Yes, they swallowed it.”

- George Orwell, ‘1984’

Around the Network

It failed in what it set out to do, no doubt about that.

I LOVE ICELAND!

twilight_link said:
no wonder they scream most hardcore Playstation followers are religious cult with PRAYSTATION as central idol and images of Ken and now as Kaz as saints of some kind.

Really? REALLY? Back up your claim with evidence, or don't say things like that at all. The few people who had/have those pictures, did so as a joke. Calling that religion or a cult is way out of line. PRAYSTATION? Seriously? I find this extremely offensive.

KungKras said:
It failed in what it set out to do, no doubt about that.

My point exactly. No one can deny that.

Wii U Nintendo Network ID, Borode

XBOX Live ID, Borode

veritaz said:
twilight_link said:
veritaz said:
twilight_link said:
veritaz said:
twilight_link said:
no wonder they scream most hardcore Playstation followers are religious cult with PRAYSTATION as central idol and images of Ken and now as Kaz as saints of some kind.

Hey man... when you got such an amazing company that delivers amazing consoles and games that cater to us gamers.... who wouldn't get a little bit religious about it. It's human nature after all.

their exclusive 1st party games sales record disagrees with you, most sales come from 3rd party games and they're mostly inferior than on either PC or even XBOX360

What do you mean? How do the sales disagree with me, Sony exclusives sell great,  they get great scores and people love them. What are you comparing it too the 2 exclusives that sell well on xbox gears and halo? My point still stands. The inferior part was golden though, really does spice up that comment, join Sony for they can open your eyes and free you so you can see the tyrant that is MS for what it is. Let us bow for thy name is Kaz and we shall honor you for sending down the greatest consoles and exclusives the world has ever seen.

this must be a joke, delusion is strong in you, look at their sales only three of their 1st party games crossed 5M mark and most sales come from bundles, even bad 3rd party ports like Skyrim sells better than their 1st party games.

Sony creates many new IP in desperate attempt to find something successful, but most became failure, if IP became eventually successful  they try to flush the market with this IP (Uncharted is good recent example)

Hey man, i know you are hurt that your favored company doesn't give anything to you like the amazing Sony does, but the sales are strong my gibberish speaking friend, they are a lot more spread out but still have a lot of profit. I for one am glad my savior dedicates their super duper amazing console for the gamer crowd and not the casuals *cough* kinect, subcribtion based online with ads with no exclusives in sight*cough* sorry I must have had something stuck in my throat, It reminded me of a once great saying that was given to me from above. Do not fall for thy saying "introducing a new way to play" for it is shrouded behind lies for it means introducing a new way to pay.

Understand one thing, if their products are something amazing for me then, i'm ready to buy their systems and their games, but the're not.

Best fail ever!

The early years were rough.