By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - I am now without any health coverage. Anyone have tips/resources to survive?

Preorder a Playstation 4.

Around the Network

Citrus. Since I started eating a lot of oranges, which I love, I very rarely get sick. I haven't had health coverage for about 15 years. Look for a free clinic in your area if you really need it. Avoid the emergency room unless it's life or death, otherwise it's an expensive waste of money.

richardhutnik said:
scat398 said:
Assuming you are between the ages of 20 to 35 you have very little to be worried about. Colds don't require medical attention and unless you are into skydiving or riding motorcycles you will be fine. Especially since in 2014 you can apply for healthcare through the ahca government exchange. Of course that also means the world is going to end so we are all screwed.

I am in my 40s, and had teo back surgeries actually.

You just made my day, I'm not the oldest guy on this site. .  Have you looked at catastrophic care? At least it would be something until 2014 kicks in.

Lol health cares free in my country.

http://www.consumerreports.org/cro/2012/06/update-on-health-care-reform/index.htm

All the information you need. Depending on your income, you may qualify for the subsidy. This would at least cover a portion of your monthly premiums.

Btw, if it's a dermatological issue, you can easily go to a cosmetic dermatologist. Dermatology has that alternative. Obviously pre-existing conditions don't exist anymore! Thank you Obama and democrats!

I guess at least be thankful McCain didn't win in 08. If health reform hadn't passed, you would be worried about your back condition limiting your ability to even qualify for coverage...

Around the Network

Move to the UK, we have something called the NHS.

With that reply out the way just dont drink, party, walk down slopes, jump to high, run down stairs, get in cars, stand under light shades, walk to close to the edge of the pavement, have your jeans by your ankles :D

Dont eat from others who have not past a chef course and who are willing to cook in front of you.

Now to be honest, it is probably a non issue. Most people dont get rushed into hospitals anyways and unless you have an illness you probably have nothing to worry about. If i lived by you i wouldn't even bother with the insurance.

Nobody's perfect. I aint nobody!!!

Killzone 2. its not a fps. it a FIRST PERSON WAR SIMULATOR!!!! ..The true PLAYSTATION 3 launch date and market dominations is SEP 1st

I've been doing Insanity back to back for the past 7 months. Haven't been sick once. I recommend you get it and do it to stay healthy. It prevents illnesses.

pokoko said:
Citrus. Since I started eating a lot of oranges, which I love, I very rarely get sick. I haven't had health coverage for about 15 years. Look for a free clinic in your area if you really need it. Avoid the emergency room unless it's life or death, otherwise it's an expensive waste of money.

Don't eat alot of oranges. They are very acidic and will destroy your tooth enamel. If you don't have coverage though, you'll have to pay a penalty starting in 2014. Individuals only have to pay about $95. So you can try to free ride the system, but the individual mandate is a major step to universal coverage.

Of coarse, I would love to see an NHS style system in the US. Universal healthcare is the modern, first-world solution to a healthy populace. America is still stuck in the 20th century. Although lol, systems like the NHS were created in the 20th century! America definitely having to play catch-up.

America: #1 Wind Power generator on Earth!!!!

scat398 said:
richardhutnik said:
scat398 said:
Assuming you are between the ages of 20 to 35 you have very little to be worried about. Colds don't require medical attention and unless you are into skydiving or riding motorcycles you will be fine. Especially since in 2014 you can apply for healthcare through the ahca government exchange. Of course that also means the world is going to end so we are all screwed.

I am in my 40s, and had two back surgeries actually.

You just made my day, I'm not the oldest guy on this site. .  Have you looked at catastrophic care? At least it would be something until 2014 kicks in.

In my case, I went from 40 hours to 30 hours a week.  I lost my Medicaid, because I am over the limit for Medicaid.  I am not sure what to look into.  My pay is not stable.  I take a hit due to technical issues, and I don't get paid.  Normal job, equipment doesn't work, you get paid.  Contractor?  Nope.  Call in, they send replacement, and and I lose a day and a half due to things being out.  At least than $10/hr base, it is an issue.  BIG issue.   

And I also post, seeing if the usual political suspects I do battle with have anything to chime in about.  I have a feeling I won't get a peep out of them.  The free market is supposed to resolve everything apparently.  Go figure.  Just curious what can be done.  I did contact Christian Republicans on Facebook and ask them if the Spirit of God was sufficient in light of a lack of health insurance.

move to another country. healthcare is free here is nz. should be everywhere. silly to privatize something as important as health