By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - I am now without any health coverage. Anyone have tips/resources to survive?

Medicaid is now gone, because I am working.  My hours fluctuate, so I can't even make sure I can afford the NY state option.  On my job, managers don't even have health coverage either.  Well, it would be good for me to assume proper responsibility, so anyone have any tips or resources in order to avoid myself falling into a major disaster and end up shorting my life?  Want to know diet and so on here.  I don't have a lot of money so trying to do max health prevention.  Is the idea now to outsource to God and hope God provides health?

Just curious if anyone has ideas on how to survive without health insurance. 

Around the Network

I went 12 years with out it. It's over rated for most people. The money you might actually spend on hospital bills would be dwarfed by the amount you would pay for the coverage. Eat well, don't smoke, stay way from sick people and most importantly don't think you need to go for every little thing. It will be okay till you can find a job that supports proper health care.

Assuming you are between the ages of 20 to 35 you have very little to be worried about. Colds don't require medical attention and unless you are into skydiving or riding motorcycles you will be fine. Especially since in 2014 you can apply for healthcare through the ahca government exchange. Of course that also means the world is going to end so we are all screwed.

Move to Canada

Move to Australia, health care is available to everyone free

Around the Network

most people on this planet don't have health insurance,therefore no real need to worry

avoid smoking,fat-food,gmo food and aspartame(coke zero etc) as aspartame is toxic ,and do some sports

I don't live in the US but have heard having a private health insurance in the US is worser than not having one as they simply refuse to pay as soon as you are really ill(=too expensive)you'll have to sue them
it is just like giving your money to a cypress bank.You'll never get the 100% you paid for.

As soon as you have serious health problems try to move to eg germany or france-you'll get health care for free.

scat398 said:
Assuming you are between the ages of 20 to 35 you have very little to be worried about. Colds don't require medical attention and unless you are into skydiving or riding motorcycles you will be fine. Especially since in 2014 you can apply for healthcare through the ahca government exchange. Of course that also means the world is going to end so we are all screwed.

I am in my 40s, and had teo back surgeries actually.

scat398 said:

I'm in my 20's. Used to play professional soccer. Ate well my whole life, and I have more medical problems than more 60 year olds at the moment.

I was walking down along the street and I heard this voice saying, "Good evening, Mr. Dowd." Well, I turned around and here was this big six-foot rabbit leaning up against a lamp-post. Well, I thought nothing of that because when you've lived in a town as long as I've lived in this one, you get used to the fact that everybody knows your name.

Airborne or knockoff brand - soon as you feel anything but good, take 1 of these.
If starting to get a cough, cold, chills etc, spray house with lysol before you go to bed.
Children's liquid benadryl will stop most nasal related coughs, like nasal drip.

Keep your vitamin count up.

I was unemployed for 2 years with no insurance. This is what worked for me.

Also , if you talk to doctors' offices directly, they may offer a non-insurance rate of $50 per visit, etc.

The Carnival of Shadows - Folk Punk from Asbury Park, New Jersey

http://www.thecarnivalofshadows.com 

In Wisconsin I paid for 6 months of coverage for less than $400 through WPS when I was between jobs. I'm sure other insurance companies offer something similar.

Steam/Origin ID: salorider

Nintendo Network ID: salorider

PSN: salorider

3DS Friend Code: 4983-4984-4179