By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Finally....The WII is MINE! --- which games to get??+ Q about UK GAME store

StarcraftManiac said:

Get:

-Zack and Wiki: Quest for Barbaros' treasure.

-Zelda: Twilight Princess.

-Metroid Prime 3: Corruption.

-SSX: Blur.

-No More Heroes (Feb 29th).

-Super Mario Galaxy.

-Guitar Hero 3. 

-trauma center: new blood

-wario ware: smooth moves

-mario party

-geometry wars 

-super paper mario

-resident evil: umbrella chronicles

-resident evil 4 (if you haven't played it before, if you have try a new game before a replay) 

Around the Network

@llewdebkram

well trade in is good enough if it is +£5....

SMG needs to be got either way.....DMC4 or no DMC4

__________-

I looked at the games listed...

Zelda TP I got bored of....metroid...no for me

I REALLY want Trauma Centre &

Whats Better:

RE4 or RE:UC

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

I don't know about the UK, but Z&W is a $40 game here in the states. So I imagine it's £30 or less. You should be able to check UK online stores. Also, Mario Strikers Charged is pretty good if you like playing competitively against people (either online or local). It takes a bit of practice and time to understand the game, but once you get into Strikers, it can be an absolute blast to play with a friend. I'd recommend the following games:

Excite Truck
Resident Evil 4
Metroid Prime Corruption
Zelda: Twilight Princess

Guitar Hero 3 (if you like rhythm games)

No More Heroes*

Budget games:

Link's Crossbow training
Zack & Wiki
SSX Blur
Godfather: Blackhand (if you like GTA style games)
Elebits*
Mercury Meltdown Revolution*
Endless Ocean* (exploration based game)

As always, read reviews to determine if these games are right for you. There's a ton more games I love (I own 16 or 17 Wii games), but I think these would probably be a great place to start.

* I don't own yet

ghost squad is a winner, currently 25 pounds (is that how you guys spell your currency's name? don't have the key for it on my keyboard) at amazon, might be one of the dumbest games ever made, but man is it fun classic light gun shooting action with all sorts of multiple paths and laugh out loud cut scenes

I HAVE A DOUBLE DRAGON CAB IN MY KITCHEN!!!!!!

NOW A PUNISHER CAB!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Do you like lightgun games? Umbrella Chronicles is the best lightgun in a very, very long time. You can see it's done by a second rate team with a low budget, but there's still a lot of new ideas that enchance the experience, and it's great fan service for RE fans.

Even so, I recommend you get RE4 if you haven't played it already. It's one of the best games of last gen, and even better on the Wii. UC is good, but RE4 is way better.

Twilight Princess and Metroid Prime 3 are great games, but definitely not for everybody. If you don't like the Metroid and Zelda formulas, then you probably won't enjoy them.

I recommend you take a look at Zack&Wiki and No More Heroes. They're pretty much the best best third party games on the Wii at the moment, and very different from your regular Nintendo game.

Around the Network

If you're into strategy games i'd recommend Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn

Proud Member of GAIBoWS (Gamers Against Irrational Bans of Weezy & Squilliam)

Game will let you trade it in as used, it would be easier to just sell it on eBay

gebx said:
If you're into strategy games i'd recommend Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn

+5 respect.

Satan said:

"You are for ever angry, all you care about is intelligence, but I repeat again that I would give away all this superstellar life, all the ranks and honours, simply to be transformed into the soul of a merchant's wife weighing eighteen stone and set candles at God's shrine."

Alright! Darth is finally converted to the Wii, congratz : )

Get Trauma Center, M&S(for a good party game), and Fire Emblem-

End of 2009 Predictions (Set, January 1st 2009)

Wii- 72 million   3rd Year Peak, better slate of releases

360- 37 million   Should trend down slightly after 3rd year peak

PS3- 29 million  Sales should pick up next year, 3rd year peak and price cut

@munkeh11

ok, I'll do something about that...

@Parokki

ok that means RE:UC not for me

& RE4 DEFINITE BUY!

@gebx

Ok m checking out its video review...

@ALL

Any JRPG games out yet?