By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - is ps3 actually selling better than 360?

considering the variables, is ps3 more successful than 360?

Numbers are Numbers, 360 is doing better. 134 19.12%

Considering the variables... 512 73.04%

These Variables shouldn'... 26 3.71%

Other, please specify! 29 4.14%

Total:701

yeah it sells globally better than 360
the only Region 360 sells well is america

REQUIESCAT IN PACE

I Hate REMASTERS

I Hate PLAYSTATION PLUS

Around the Network
tonymarraffa said:
Carl2291 said:
The 360 is more successful.

Sold more.
Made more money.
Sold more software.
Increase in sales and marketshare over last generation.

THIS!

Yes... off topic: i just love those toe to toe's rivalries that's happening between the PS3 and X360 which make each company at the edge of their feet trying to outdo one another each time they get the chance, since it changed Sony's cocky Attitude towards their competition and really brought their A game to the plate with all those 1st party exclusives that they're pumping each year. its good and healthy for the market since:

A.competition benefits the customer.
B.competition always bring the best of both companies.

btw i don't actually remember 2 companies facing and being too close to each other like this except when the WWF and WCW used to compete for ratings back in the 90's which ultimately led to the monday night wars and the birth of the Attitude Era which put wrestling on the map and became very popular and mainstream.

PureDante said:
Of the roughly 15-20 personal friends of mine with 360's, they've literally all had RROD and ended up purchasing new 360s. This obviously doesn't represent the industry, but thats 15-20 unnecessary sales that m$ made because of their shit hardware.

What a quality post, well done Sir.

asqarkabab said:
yeah it sells globally better than 360
the only Region 360 sells well is america

Wait, selling well means for selling better than PS3? That's bad :(

Around the Network
nightsurge said:
Jay520 said:
Good sir, I've never seen any user on VGChartz with those ideas you've just proposed. I'm not sure why no one has thought of this before. Thank you for informing us of this new news. I salute you.

Love it.

And to anyone on here that says there is no comparison of PS3 YLOD to the 360's RROD, consider the following:

• Do you know of ANYONE that still has a 60GB launch PS3 that HAS NOT had to be repaired at least once? - I don't.
  • 360 RRoD: Covered by 3 year warranty
  • PS3 YLOD: Not covered by any warranty. Repairs at $100+ each failure.
I think if the YLOD was actually brought to the media's attention on the same scale as the 360's RRoD, you'd be suprised at the high failure rate of launch PS3's as well. Like others have said, the fact that MS covered theirs with a warranty while Sony never did makes the differences cancel out when it comes to the old "I bought a new console when my old one broke" arguments.

Yes, 3 people i know of that bought a ps3 at launch are still running. I'd have mine still running if it wasn't for it getting stolen.

I've watched 4 xbox 360's break right before my eyes. Not to mentions the countless other RROD at walmarts and targets.

The scale of RROD was massive and isn't in anyway comparable to YoD. Not to mention MS only gave out a 3 year warranty when they were going to be forced to recall and remove the 360 from the market. Plus that only covered RROD and not the other dozen problems that caused the 360 to fail. So if you xbox died of something else. Then it wasn't covered.

J_Allard said:
PureDante said:
Of the roughly 15-20 personal friends of mine with 360's, they've literally all had RROD and ended up purchasing new 360s. This obviously doesn't represent the industry, but thats 15-20 unnecessary sales that m$ made because of their shit hardware.

And I don't know a single PS3 owner who didn't go out and buy a new console when theirs got the YLOD. It's just easier than dealing with $ony and paying their repair costs.

If the 360 truly has this monstrous amount of rebuys, wouldn't their software be closer to PS3? Yet the attach rate is higher. And it gets even higher if you start factoring in these people who supposedly rebuy a lot of consoles.

Why don't PS3 owners play games? :(

Read my above post, what is more likely a PS3 breaking and they rebuy it. Or a 360 breaking and they rebuy it.

Although this is not really proof for anything, but 360 got an extra year to kick things into gear. Going by Vgchartz if you look at each game that has at least sold .01m then you get 1006 games for PS3. And 1087 games for 360. 2005 sales for 360 SW sucked, but all first year consoles SW sucks. 360 got an extra year of when SW sold well. It remains to be seen if PS3 will get an extra year to be on par.

even with pircay xbox sell more software

J_Allard said:
Carl2291 said:
The 360 is more successful.

Sold more.
Made more money.
Sold more software.
Increase in sales and marketshare over last generation.

How do you know how much money either has made? Honest question. MS hides the 360 in a division where a lot of products lose money.

I agree about everything else, the biggest thing being the increase in marketshare and brand name in the US. Sony could go on to sell 100,000,000 PS3's in its lifetime and sell 20 million more than MS sells 360's and it won't change the US market. When you see/hear people playing/talking videogames in the media or in music/TV/movies, it's Xbox now.

And that's the thing Sony need to keep in mind while trying to make the cut out of the next gen console competition. Pricing, exclusivity deals, FPS shooters and an enriched online multiplayer can turn the tables around.

Now after having mentioned all that, Xbox needs to fix things in Japan.

When both the PS3 and the 360 are put to bed, we'll see. This is like asking 'how many times will I get heads?' but not saying how many times you intend to toss the coin.

The PS5 Exists.