By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Gears of War: Judgment’ sells much less than its predecessor in PAL region

Blood_Tears said:

Link: http://stickskills.com/2013/03/25/gears-of-war-judgment-sells-much-less-than-its-predecessor-in-pal-region/

‘Gears of War: Judgment’ sells much less than its predecessor in PAL region

Josiah RenaudinMarch 25, 2013 News, Xbox 360No Comments

Epic Games and People Can Fly’s prequel to the Xbox 360′s third-person shooter of choice, Gears of War: Judgment, couldn’t manage to sell even half of what the previous game accomplished.

In the PAL region (which covers most of Asia, Africa, Australia, New Zealand and Europe), Judgment sold about a quarter of what Gears of War 3 did during its first week in 2011. It managed to pushed Square Enix’s reboot of Tomb Raider down from a two-week stint at the top, but still stands as one of the quietest launches in franchise history.

Did you pick up the latest Gears of War game? If not, are you starting to feel franchise fatigue? Let us know what you think by leaving a comment below!

If you check the original article, and follow the link from chart-track.  Those possitions are only from the UK, and not the entire PAL region.

Around the Network

hello, Asia is not a PAL region...

HokageTenshi said:

large parts of Asia are indeed PAL. Just not the parts where many sales are coming from (not yet).

Also SECAM is the same as PAL unless your TV can't display a digital signal.

Barozi said:
HokageTenshi said:

large parts of Asia are indeed PAL. Just not the parts where many sales are coming from (not yet).

Also SECAM is the same as PAL unless your TV can't display a digital signal.

i'm refering to game software here Asia ver. disc is NTSC... maybe other Asia country is PAL then sorry i don't know, i only know my HK ver. is NTSC...

Series fatigue for franchises that come out once every 2-3 years on console? Sounds like a poor excuse to me considering how well some of the bigger annual releases keep doing.

Around the Network

So do we have any numbers yet for the US sales?

Umm......think we all saw this coming with the US preorders as a indicator.

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

So its already profitable.

The comparison to GeoW3 is a bit unfair, its outside the main line of games.

I chewed through the single player campaign. Its really good, just not quite as good as Gears 3. That said, the multiplayer is probably better.

My concern is for high selling, but not AS high selling franchises like Mass Effect, that are going to have to undergo a similar transition.

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

Prequel, Spin off, different developer... to be expected.