By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - PS4 vs PC: A bit of a Showdown!

PS4 Demo vs NVIDIA (PC) Demo

Quantic Dream's Demo (PS4) 128 50.20%

NVIDIA's Demo (GTX Titan) 124 48.63%

Total:252

nvidia guy looks like it uses the better tech but as long as they don't look 100% real i prefer models which look more like a game character. so i don't really like the nvidia demo guy and prefer the ps4 tech demo guy (except for the hair lol)

i also prefer the the last of us faces much more as the faces in beyond since i think they try to let it look as real as possible in beyond and in the last of us they try to let the characters look good but still like videogame characters. which is quite funny since i prefer the quantic dream guy in this thread.

i also like the two older guys in the agni's philosopy tech demo a lot,  they look very good but still like a videogame character in my eyes.

Around the Network
dahuman said:
Shinobi-san said:

I prefer Quantic dreams model. It looks more real for me despite the lack of detail ? I don't even know how to begin explaining that :/

Anyways i think we seeing two demos with different purposes. One to convey human emotion caught mostly from the eyes according to cage and the other to show off super detail, lighting and a crazy range of realtime facial animations.

I think the nvidia demo is entirely possible on the ps4 gpu btw :) According to Nvidia's CEO the demo showed only used 2tflps of Titans gpu power.

Agreed. I don't see why not, it'd cap out the PS4 but it might totally work.

lol there just won't be any gameplay

Intel Core i7 3770K [3.5GHz]|MSI Big Bang Z77 Mpower|Corsair Vengeance DDR3-1866 2 x 4GB|MSI GeForce GTX 560 ti Twin Frozr 2|OCZ Vertex 4 128GB|Corsair HX750|Cooler Master CM 690II Advanced|

If you look at the eyebrow movements and the way how the eyes of the old guy close, Quantic dream's demo simply seems to have edged out the Nvidia's. The Quantic dream's tech video simply breathes more life even with less shading. However when the textures on the skin is put to comparison, the nvidia tech demo simply wins which alone isn't enough for me. I'm not impressed at those eyes and lips(needs more work yet). Too artificial. They don't speak much. This is where the art as a talent comes to display such as the team behind the old guy's demo. Using a tech to display more shading/textures doesn't count. In fact in many of the nvidia videos, the same thing lurks around.

CGI-Quality said:
GameAnalyser said:
If you look at the eyebrow movements and the way how the eyes of the old guy close, Quantic dream's demo simply seems to have edged out the Nvidia's. The Quantic dream's tech video simply breathes more life even with less shading. However when the textures on the skin is put to comparison, the nvidia tech demo simply wins which alone isn't enough for me. I'm not impressed at those eyes and lips(needs more work yet). Too artificial. They don't speak much. This is where the art as a talent comes to display such as the team behind the old guy's demo. Using a tech to display more shading/textures doesn't count. In fact in many of the nvidia videos, the same thing lurks around.

One of the best posts in here. Not even because of your preference for the old man, but you lived up to the second half of your name, which is what I was aiming for!

which was supposed to be Analyzer and not analyser.

CGI-Quality said:

Higher-res

still does'nt look nearly as great as that pc one. I just don't get how this can even compare. 

Around the Network

Eyes goes to the Cage demo. However overall the 2007 Demo from Nvidia looks much more lifelike and its 5+ years old. Wish we had a current video to compare the PS4 to. But overall easily my vote goes to the Nvidia demo

I mostly play RTS and Moba style games now adays as well as ALOT of benchmarking. I do play other games however such as the witcher 3 and Crysis 3, and recently Ashes of the Singularity. I love gaming on the cutting edge and refuse to accept any compromises. Proud member of the Glorious PC Gaming Master Race. Long Live SHIO!!!! 

I give the edge to Nvidia's older demo. Better lighting, shadows, reflections, colour palate, skin tone, and skin detail. The Quantic Dream demo still looks impressive though. And has better eyes too. The big question is will
there be games that look like.........hmmmm ..hasn't been that many so far

.Stumbled on to this website recently, and saw these images.(it's not a link I just copy and paste).They blow me away. The detail is amazing. I have no idea how to do any of that stuff. If it wasn't for the lack of hair, they would look like real photos.

http://www.3dartistonline.com/image/15558/nana_wip

Difference is that one is doable on a next gen system and the other one takes 2 terraflops of compute power which is a little under half of the Titan gpu or almost equal to the ps4's gpu. Hopefully we see maxwell or vota be able to pump out graphics like those.

I hope Jorge Jimmenez shows off more of his work soon, his eye and skin shading stuff looked amazing.

@TheVoxelman on twitter

Check out my hype threads: Cyberpunk, and The Witcher 3!

It's really hard to make a comparison. The NVDIA one looks more realistic,

However a lot of that might be because the old guy seems to have gotten a bit "fictionalized" in design in moving from real life to computer model when it comes to face structure.

As for which I prefer? Probably the old dude but mostly because his more fictionalized design looks like a wizard. While Bald guy looks more space marine like or barring that one of those douche bag knights/guards in a fantasy type game.

Wizards are cooler.

I'd have to see similar looking characters before i could make any serious judgement on art design... or at least more assets.  Otherwise, which dude do you like better mostly just breaks down to what i think they'd be used for.

Also.... neither creep me out in the slightest. I never really got the whole uncanny valley stuff. At the very least not in regards to 2D media.

I mean like creepy looking wax statues or really realistic manicans can be kinda freeky cause I can picture them coming to life if i'm having an active imagination day... but 2D stuff? 

I don't get it.