By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - how to market a console like a boss ? sony and microsoft take notes, nintendo shows you !!!

Tagged games:

Now if they translate what they are doing at PAX East to other media we might have something here.

NNID: crazy_man

3DS FC: 3969 4633 0700 

My Pokemon Trading Shop (Hidden Power Breeding)

Around the Network

"Why Wii U?" is a very good question that Nintendo should have asked of themselves before making it.

That chart just makes it look like an updated Wii variant. They really aren't doing themselves any favors, and it seems clear they're trying to have it both ways as stupid and counter-productive as it is.

Besides, I don't care how you market it, the thing is not gonna sell half of what it would if they had a damn game on it, one single game that the public actually wants. They don't have a single game they could hype and market effectively out right now even if they wanted to since Nintendo Land didn't pan out. It's strange to think, but their first real chance of that is realistically gonna be Pikmin 3, so really I don't expect much of anything until the end of the year.

badgenome said:

"Why Wii U?" is a very good question that Nintendo should have asked of themselves before making it.

You have to at least give people a chance to reply to the thread before writing a post like this.

OT: What's the middle game in the "Plays Wii-U games" row?  I cannot for the life of me tell what it is.

Kresnik said:

OT: What's the middle game in the "Plays Wii-U games" row?  I cannot for the life of me tell what it is.

Looks like Sing Party.

Around the Network

I just noticed that the reason they may have called the Wii U the Wii U in the first place was so more people would pay attention to it in general. Just like naming the second playstation the playstation 2, and the handheld PSP (playstation portable). If they were to name it something else (Sony), they wouldn't have had as many people recognize what it was from its original success. PERHAPS Nintendo was thinking the same thing. I do not know, however, if that's how things would have played out in real life.

If you really need to try this hard to explain why people should buy your product, it's probably not a very good one in the first place..

As lame as a compassion table is some consumers can only comprehend stuff in this format lol.

But I agree it isn't doing them any favours as it looks like a mere upgrade.

If they are content on these posters, the first thing it should say is NEXT GEN.

So Nintendo's solution to the Wii U's sluggish sales is to advertise it against ... the Wii?

Way to go strong, Nintendo. Show the competition no mercy. You go out there are you take all 20,000 would-be Wii customers a week and you convince them to buy a Wii U instead!

Well, that's it, people. Problem solved.

If people need lessons in advertising, I'd direct them to Sony circa 2000.