By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo Fans Same Excuse?

Mr Khan said:
Sal.Paradise said:
Mr Khan said:

Kind of is, actually. Saying it's in trouble is opinion. Calling it "dead" is hyperbole meant to rouse a reaction. We've been debating locking this thread...

Many things are said on this forum that are hyperbole or meant to rouse a reaction that are not bannable. Very weak argument. He clearly states it's his opinions and goes on to explain it well enough for the average poster. You cannot ban someone for thinking a console has no sales potential, that's ludicrous, and if you think that one word is flamebaiting or worthy of moderation in a pretty innocuous post, then I think it's time for self-reflection. But then again I guess you didn't think it was worthy of moderation, since you didn't moderate him. Which tells me you just want to intimidate him into not posting his opinion from your position of authority. I've seen you do this before.

This thread as a whole? I haven't read it in detail so I can't say whether it's worth locking or not, but that's not what we're talking about here. 

Because the thread encourages the same kind of narrow-minded thinking. "It can't be saved, deal with it."

And i'm not trying to intimidate, except to the degree that i don't want to have to moderate people. Despite what my reputation might imply, i don't like to. Declaring it "dead" steps over the line, and would be the case for other consoles as well.

I don't agree with what you're saying about the thread, but that's, again, not what we're talking about.

No, saying something is dead does not 'step over the line' no matter the console, it has been used many times on this forum in many contexts without anybody being moderated, and this context was not an offensive or insulting one. And so nothing I said in the previous post has changed. It's intimidation, and hints that what the poster has said is maybe? "kind of?"wrong but there's no actual action taken from it. Moderate posters and establish what is and is not acceptable, or don't and don't use loose interpretation of the rules and your authority position as an excuse to bully others into not posting what you don't like. 

Pavolink said:

Also, I'm not trying to intimidate you, that just the hyperbole of the other poster who didn't know the context of the post and just create misuderstandings.

Please don't misunderstand me, I wasn't referring to you with that comment.

Around the Network

Nintendos online connectivity and features have been its enemy.

Xbox360 and PS3 full-fleshed entertainment devices. Nintendo needed something to match XBL and PSN, but it didn't deliver with the Wii nor Wii U.

Xbox360 and PS3 are killing Wii U in sales.

Sal.Paradise said:
Pavolink said:

Also, I'm not trying to intimidate you, that just the hyperbole of the other poster who didn't know the context of the post and just create misuderstandings.

Please don't misunderstand me, I wasn't referring to you with that comment.

If that's the case, then please accept an apologize from my part.

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

Mr Khan said:
Sal.Paradise said:
Mr Khan said:

Kind of is, actually. Saying it's in trouble is opinion. Calling it "dead" is hyperbole meant to rouse a reaction. We've been debating locking this thread...

Many things are said on this forum that are hyperbole or meant to rouse a reaction that are not bannable. Very weak argument. He clearly states it's his opinions and goes on to explain it well enough for the average poster. You cannot ban someone for thinking a console has no sales potential, that's ludicrous, and if you think that one word is flamebaiting or worthy of moderation in a pretty innocuous post, then I think it's time for self-reflection. But then again I guess you didn't think it was worthy of moderation, since you didn't moderate him. Which tells me you just want to intimidate him into not posting his opinion from your position of authority. I've seen you do this before.

This thread as a whole? I haven't read it in detail so I can't say whether it's worth locking or not, but that's not what we're talking about here. 

Because the thread encourages the same kind of narrow-minded thinking. "It can't be saved, deal with it."

And i'm not trying to intimidate, except to the degree that i don't want to have to moderate people. Despite what my reputation might imply, i don't like to. Declaring it "dead" steps over the line, and would be the case for other consoles as well.

thats funny i dont recall anyone jumping to lock those "vita is dead" threads i wonder why.

freebs2 said:
Soleron said:
VGKing said:
Soleron said:
Well yes it needs all the GC games to even get to 20m. But those are already a given. What we mean by "needs games" is EITHER third party tier-one treatment, or some breakout mass market games like Wii.

GC type games are NOT mass market.

Well Wii U has mass market games. 2D Mario being the best example and Call of Duty Black OPs 2 being the other. What went wrong?

CoD wasn't tier one treatment because of the late release and lack of online features

I don't know why 2D Mario didn't work.

Imo Mario is not working because of the price point, some people are still willing to buy it but not for 399$. I think NSMB is more of a "2nd flow" kind of game, it works on an enstablished console and if the price is affordable, it doesn't fit wery well as a launch game.

nonsense, Super Mario world, land and the original all say hi. Hell even the GBA rerelease

Around the Network
oniyide said:
Mr Khan said:
Sal.Paradise said:
Mr Khan said:

thats funny i dont recall anyone jumping to lock those "vita is dead" threads i wonder why.

Lol I made a Vita is dead thread and it was locked asap. I wonder why this one hasn't? I think its becuz of there being too many Sony fans as mods.

phenom08 said:
oniyide said:
Mr Khan said:
Sal.Paradise said:
Mr Khan said:

Lol I made a Vita is dead thread and it was locked asap. I wonder why this one hasn't? I think its becuz of there being too many Sony fans as mods.

Well you have a reputation for being kind of a troll so thats on you and Mr. Khan is far from a Sony fan, as is that guy with the 007 avatar, which i forget.

Moderated,

-Mr Khan

I seem to be the only one who thinks the Gamepad is awesome! I love the ways it can be used, especially in mini games Donkey Kong Crash and Ninja Strike on Nintendoland. DKC in particular is awesome. I adore my WiiU! Shame it isn't getting much love right now...

oniyide said:
freebs2 said:
Soleron said:
VGKing said:
Soleron said:
Well yes it needs all the GC games to even get to 20m. But those are already a given. What we mean by "needs games" is EITHER third party tier-one treatment, or some breakout mass market games like Wii.

GC type games are NOT mass market.

Well Wii U has mass market games. 2D Mario being the best example and Call of Duty Black OPs 2 being the other. What went wrong?

CoD wasn't tier one treatment because of the late release and lack of online features

I don't know why 2D Mario didn't work.

Imo Mario is not working because of the price point, some people are still willing to buy it but not for 399$. I think NSMB is more of a "2nd flow" kind of game, it works on an enstablished console and if the price is affordable, it doesn't fit wery well as a launch game.

nonsense, Super Mario world, land and the original all say hi. Hell even the GBA rerelease

That's funny, I don't recall the SNES, Gameboy or GBA costing $350-399... ;)

Majora said:
I seem to be the only one who thinks the Gamepad is awesome! I love the ways it can be used, especially in mini games Donkey Kong Crash and Ninja Strike on Nintendoland. DKC in particular is awesome. I adore my WiiU! Shame it isn't getting much love right now...

you're not the only one, i think its cool too. The problem is that A) most people dont think it is, and b) i dont think its that cool that im dropping 350 on