By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - GoW Ascension is JAW DROPPING

Kratos looked incredible. Loved how he looked near the end of the game when he had all those scratches over him.

Around the Network
arcane_chaos said:
it does look great, the detail on Kratos alone is simply amazing!!!

btw, did they patch the trials yet?

I think I read somewhere that it was patched today.

Just finished it today and this is no question the best looking game of this generation. Kratos has to be the most detailed video game character there has ever been. The final battle is also the most epic moment there has been in the god of war series and I never thought anything in ascension could top Poseidon in god of war 3. Honestly don't know is the last of us will be able to match or surpass ascension. Over to you naughty dog.

dukerx2 said:
Everyone is bashing the professional reviewers but the last time i looked the metacritic scores (professional and gamer) were almost the same. I played it and yes it looks nice but i didnt see it as anything higher than a 8/10.

I've seen 9's. Half the reason why the game got 8's was because the reviwers bitched that there needed to be a difficulty patch (::Cough::Adam Sessler::Cough:)

TrevDaRev said:
arcane_chaos said:

well atleast I an say I beat it(on hard) before the patch! *like a boss*

Around the Network
arcane_chaos said:
TrevDaRev said:
arcane_chaos said:

well atleast I an say I beat it(on hard) before the patch! *like a boss*

You and me both.

God of War: Ascension is the most stunningly beautiful game this generation, not just artistically but it's technically brilliant. It's also the only game that has surpassed God of War III's visuals this generation which is still up their with the very best looking games like Killzone 3, UC3, TLoU. God of War: Ascension is just a brilliant game, the critics don't know what they're talking about and they really should judge it for what it is instead of constantly comparing it to past games. It easily deserves a 9/10. I can't wait to see what Sony Santa Monica can achieve on the PS4, it'll look good enough to pass as a CG-film I bet! GoW:A/3 already do sometimes!

for me

SP: 8.5 (would have been a 9 if they had improved the audio)
MP: a solid 9 ..so much fun. some great map designs too

Overall visuals: one of the best if not the best this gen on a console

In-Kat-We-Trust Brigade!

"This world is Merciless, and it's also very beautiful"

For All News/Info related to the PlayStation Vita, Come and join us in the Official PSV Thread!

it looks amazing i cant imagine what ssm will do with the ps4
HYPE

REQUIESCAT IN PACE

I Hate REMASTERS

I Hate PLAYSTATION PLUS

Indeed it is. Now trying the Titan mode.