By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - GoW Ascension is JAW DROPPING

EDIT (more added now):

Been playing some more Ascension and oh my fucking god is it a looker

Around the Network

i'm a little ways into delphi atm and i definitely have to agree best edit : looking game i've played so far imo and not just detailed but also very colourful as well

i think the chase leading up to the fight against the guys who were protecting the orcale and the fight itself were the best looking bits so far

it isn't just the graphics though i'm really loving the gameplay as well, now that i'm getting a handle on using the rage meter
and people who say this plays the same as previous GoWs seriously need to be quiet or actually play the game first

I am at apollos leg or something going up the elevator. I love the new difficulty.

It does look stunning, unfortunately from what's been said though the game itself isn't that great and the worst of the main four.

Jozu said:
It does look stunning, unfortunately from what's been said though the game itself isn't that great and the worst of the main four.

try playing yourself and form your own opinion, imo it is better than 3 in every area ( combat,visuals,etc ) besides the epic feeling of taking down the gods one by one ( not that it doesn't feel epic just not as epic )

and i haven't even tried the multiplayer yet

Around the Network

No, it's not.

Ex Graphics Whore.

Jozu said:

Its a prequel so the story isn't quite as fleshed out as the trilogy. The gameplay is by far the best in the series and lends itself to the new multiplayer. Sessler and a lot of the other veteran reviwers had it wrong. This game is  a clear 8.5-9. I would say 9 but 8.5 was being generous to the reviewers.

Nice, looking at these pics reminds of looking at those of God of War 2 back in the day. It really just amazes you how much they are able to push out of such an old system. That game was just stunning for it's time aswell:

Play this game! Its easily on par with GoW III, if not better. Dont listen to reviewers, they mostly got this game wrong with their negative comments and score.

AnthonyW86 said:

Nice, looking at these pics reminds of looking at those of God of War 2 back in the day. It really just amazes you how much they are able to push out of such an old system. That game was just stunning for it's time aswell:

Those are God of War HD.