By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Quantic Dream has no interest in ending Sony exclusivity

Wright said:
thekitchensink said:

I respect their decision to make Beyond, but I wish they had done this, too. Some of the endings in Heavy Rain were very clearly setting up sequels :(

Hum...not exactly. I felt like the endings were rushed, or lazy job at the very end.

You should have seen fahrenheit / Indigo Prophecy , its the definition of a rushed game, play half the game and then eject the disk and throw it out of the window.

Around the Network
PullusPardus said:
Wright said:
thekitchensink said:

I respect their decision to make Beyond, but I wish they had done this, too. Some of the endings in Heavy Rain were very clearly setting up sequels :(

Hum...not exactly. I felt like the endings were rushed, or lazy job at the very end.

You should have seen fahrenheit / Indigo Prophecy , its the definition of a rushed game, play half the game and then eject the disk and throw it out of the window.

I actually feel bad for them in that game's case.  It was originally intended to be one of the first downloadable, episodic games.  Hence, they would have released those first few parts and continued working on the rest.  However, they had a change in management near the end who said 'Yeah, you're releasing it like a normal game, and you've got about three months to finish the other half of the game.  Go.'  Complete tragedy, given how amazing the first half was.

Could I trouble you for some maple syrup to go with the plate of roffles you just served up?

Tag, courtesy of fkusumot: "Why do most of the PS3 fanboys have avatars that looks totally pissed?"
"Ok, girl's trapped in the elevator, and the power's off.  I swear, if a zombie comes around the next corner..."
PullusPardus said:
Wright said:
thekitchensink said:

Oh, I've beaten Fahrenheit several times. xD The first half is incredible. Don't know what happened to Quantic Dreams in the second half...

CGI-Quality said:
sales2099 said:
CGI-Quality said:
sales2099 said:

Does sony own this developer? If not, then offcourse Sony can't impose deadlines. That would be just silly.

Sony publishes their titles, but doesn't own the company (yet). This still gives them a say-so in meeting deadlines.

Not exactly. Sony isnt responsible for paying employee salaries and building maintenance. Id imagine they be a tad more strict if they did.

False. As the publisher, they have the ability to create deadlines, due dates, and such. You learn that when you become a game dev. Heavy Rain had deadlines.....imposed by Sony (David Cage made it clear). 3EYOND is no different.

Sonys imposed deadlines consist of saying: "You finish it when you can. Take your time."

Good for the consumer because they give a no-pressure atmosphere. Just saying thats what I, and others think of when thinking of Sony and deadlines. In the terms of this thread, Id imagine it would make any developer keep their exclusivity.

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

Kasz216 said:
CGI-Quality said:
Of course they don't. Sony realizes their visions, and fund their projects. Stay exclusive.

Yeah i mean really.  I sorta doubt they would of been more profitable on two consoles.

Why do you have doubts about that? ò.O

Around the Network
CGI-Quality said:
sales2099 said:
CGI-Quality said:
sales2099 said:
CGI-Quality said:
sales2099 said:

Does sony own this developer? If not, then offcourse Sony can't impose deadlines. That would be just silly.

Sony publishes their titles, but doesn't own the company (yet). This still gives them a say-so in meeting deadlines.

Not exactly. Sony isnt responsible for paying employee salaries and building maintenance. Id imagine they be a tad more strict if they did.

False. As the publisher, they have the ability to create deadlines, due dates, and such. You learn that when you become a game dev. Heavy Rain had deadlines.....imposed by Sony (David Cage made it clear). 3EYOND is no different.

Sonys imposed deadlines consist of saying: "You finish it when you can. Take your time."

Good for the consumer because they give a no-pressure atmosphere. Just saying thats what I, and others think of when thinking of Sony and deadlines.

I'm just correcting your error of assuming the publisher imposes no deadlines. 

To be fair I thought Sonys idea of a deadline was not having a deadline :P

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

Glad to hear that. Quantic Dream and sony perfectly fit together.

Wright said:
Kasz216 said:
CGI-Quality said:
Of course they don't. Sony realizes their visions, and fund their projects. Stay exclusive.

Yeah i mean really.  I sorta doubt they would of been more profitable on two consoles.

Why do you have doubts about that? ò.O

I don't think they would of got as lucrative a publishing deal.

Sony should just buy this studio already.

BloodyRain said:
Sony should just buy this studio already.

They don't want to be bought.  They enjoy being an independent studio.  Didn't you read the article?

The Screamapillar is easily identified by its constant screaming—it even screams in its sleep. The Screamapillar is the favorite food of everything, is sexually attracted to fire, and needs constant reassurance or it will die.