By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - NeXbox Always connected = Sleep Mode

JayWood2010 said:
theprof00 said:

for example, woody, mach's first ost to me is talking about DRM though I never brought up DRM in the slightest. He's arguing against a point I have not taken.

So yeah "everything he's said is countering what you've said"
Hilarious. I must have alts, then, because what he's saying is countering things I've never said, yet he's quoting me.

MY argument, since you can't seem to pay attention, isn't "you're wrong", but, "how are you right considering x, y, and z".
I am the one who is saying exactly what the article said, yet I'm being framed as someone who said things about drm, etc.

What are you trying to say here?  I have been very specific in what ive been saying so saying I'm being vague doesnt really match up too well for you.  Alsop he hasnt been vague either.  We have both ben very specific although you have been coming in here argueing and asking qestions etc.  As of right now you are not right, I am not right, and he is not right.  However he is right about it never one time saying that this is to block used games or that it requires connection to play. It is hinting at always connected and always online which would mean that IF you have xbox live it will always be connected to do updates and downloads.  Read it and tell me how it says other wise.  

Not really sure what you are talking about as far as alts but Im not accusing you of anything.  You said that he isnt countering anything that you have been saying while he is.  You asked what it meant and he gave you his interpretation on it and now you seem all upset.  I will say that at least you are being smart about it unlike vgking though who has been known to give very biased opinions.

lol I ask for examples and you say "You said that he isn't countering anything that you have been saying while he is". I'm sorry you can't see the irony in this.

As far as "you are not right, he is not right, I am not right", that's been my initial point from the get go and I will ferociously argue that I've said anything different. My only question this thread has been whether or not you are interpreting the article correctly. Nothing more. I have not made any claims or interpretations; I've merely been playing devil's advocate.

Around the Network
theprof00 said:
JayWood2010 said:
theprof00 said:

for example, woody, mach's first ost to me is talking about DRM though I never brought up DRM in the slightest. He's arguing against a point I have not taken.

So yeah "everything he's said is countering what you've said"
Hilarious. I must have alts, then, because what he's saying is countering things I've never said, yet he's quoting me.

MY argument, since you can't seem to pay attention, isn't "you're wrong", but, "how are you right considering x, y, and z".
I am the one who is saying exactly what the article said, yet I'm being framed as someone who said things about drm, etc.

What are you trying to say here?  I have been very specific in what ive been saying so saying I'm being vague doesnt really match up too well for you.  Alsop he hasnt been vague either.  We have both ben very specific although you have been coming in here argueing and asking qestions etc.  As of right now you are not right, I am not right, and he is not right.  However he is right about it never one time saying that this is to block used games or that it requires connection to play. It is hinting at always connected and always online which would mean that IF you have xbox live it will always be connected to do updates and downloads.  Read it and tell me how it says other wise.  

Not really sure what you are talking about as far as alts but Im not accusing you of anything.  You said that he isnt countering anything that you have been saying while he is.  You asked what it meant and he gave you his interpretation on it and now you seem all upset.  I will say that at least you are being smart about it unlike vgking though who has been known to give very biased opinions.

lol I ask for examples and you say "You said that he isn't countering anything that you have been saying while he is". I'm sorry you can't see the irony in this.

As far as "you are not right, he is not right, I am not right", that's been my initial point from the get go and I will ferociously argue that I've said anything different. My only question this thread has been whether or not you are interpreting the article correctly. Nothing more. I have not made any claims or interpretations; I've merely been playing devil's advocate.

Maybe I need to go back and read your posts again, i dont know.  Maybe this whole conversation is ironic, i dont know.  Maybe he got you mixed up with someone else and maybe I did too.

What I think needs to be done is people to just relax with the rumors.  I made this thread to neutralize the orinal that had over 200 comments in it that was mostly negative.  Most people wasnt thinking and there could be more than one interpretation which I presented.  My final thoughts is simply to relax with the rumors.  

JayWood2010 said:

Maybe I need to go back and read your posts again, i dont know.  Maybe this whole conversation is ironic, i dont know.  Maybe he got you mixed up with someone else and maybe I did too.

What I think needs to be done is people to just relax with the rumors.  I made this thread to neutralize the orinal that had over 200 comments in it that was mostly negative.  Most people wasnt thinking and there could be more than one interpretation which I presented.  My final thoughts is simply to relax with the rumors.  

It's cool, but I disagree with what needs to be done about relaxing. People need to relax about who they quote and argue with, and make sure they read what they're saying, but that's pretty much it. However, I do partly agree with you comment that people need to relax about rumors.

theprof00 said:

I pretty much figured you were playing the devil's advocate role.  Only concentrating on just the one phrase and excluding the rest of the document is all I was stating.  Yep, got a little preachy since you never really know what mindset people are at or reading comprehension.  Anyway nuff said on this topic time to move on.