By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Unnamed analysts: BioShock Infinite to cost $200 million all told

Tagged games:

halil23 said:
This is bullcrap!
If anyone would spent 200mil, it's COD!

http://articles.latimes.com/2009/nov/18/business/fi-ct-duty18

Yeah, I know. It's crazy!

http://www.gamespot.com/news/star-wars-the-old-republic-cost-200-million-to-develop-6348959

SWTOR as well.

Around the Network

Interesting choice considering the first two bioshocks didn't sell all that well. I'm hoping for a WiiU release at some point

Calm down guys. It's just a typo with an extra zero.

Cant be true! OT I wonder how much sony paid to have big daddy in psasbr

zarx said:

Lol a prediction that an analyst didn't even want to attach his name to sounds legit

people seem to like to pretend you aren't here. 

Around the Network

another developer closing their doors few months after releasing the game. With that money Nintendo's EAD could probably do 5 Legend of Zelda topping 25 million copies at least.

Who knew that the only thing "Infinite" about Bioshock 3 was its budget?? lol.

On 2/24/13, MB1025 said:
You know I was always wondering why no one ever used the dollar sign for $ony, but then I realized they have no money so it would be pointless.

Oh i like it when some unnamed analyst say something about budget from a game. This is not true. believe me guys. Uncharted 2 only cost 20 million to make and if a GTA 4 or Gran Turismo 5 only "needed 80-100m to make than how in hell would Bioshock Infinite need 100M? Impossible.

Every game company will make money out of there products. With that beeing said they only spend such high budgets for games like Gran Turismo 5 or GTA 4 because those are the games which will likely make big money back with nearly 10 million sold.

So do you guys really believe that Take Two is expecting Bioshock Infinite to make more than 10 million sales. I highly doubt that.

Even Final Fantasy vs 13 will not cost 100 million as rumoured and this is a agme with over six years of developing time, with a lots of dialogues, plus its likely to come on next gen machines ( PS4).

So i smell bullshit guys. Dont believe everything from the internet.

I could see $100 million on the game, but not the ads. It's just not big enough for it to make sense.

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

Conegamer: Are you seriously about this. There is noy way Bioshock Infinite cost 100 Million to produce and with ads. Not even Gran Turismo 5 cost that much( and it take over 5 years to make this game, plus all the lizenzes for the cars cost a lot of money) and Take Two must be happy if this game sell 4 million combined. So noy way in hell they spend so much money on this game.

Even Ken Levine said that its not true.