By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Unnamed analysts: BioShock Infinite to cost $200 million all told

Tagged games:

Don't believe this what so ever, $100 mil on marketing is madness.

Around the Network

No way in hell.

the game must be 30hrs long at least, I guess.

SO if this is correct they need 7 million copies sold to break even. Not happening.

they could make that money back. They just need to sell around 3 1/2 million copies at full price. I'm just guessing,but it's entirely possible they could sell that much.

Around the Network
AbbathTheGrim said:
AbbathTheGrim said:
Take that Versus XIII!

Actually Versus XIII hasn't done marketing yet. O.O Anyway off-topic and kind of one-side conversation.

LOL?

This game should be awesome!! Hope the hype meets the game.

I really dont believe that some guys here on vg charts are so stupid to believe such things.

at oldschoolfun: 3.5 m will not be enough. It will probably more than 5 million to recover costs because retail markets will also have some piece of the cake.
That would mean that Infinite will need an opening of about 3 million and monster legs that it will sell at full price all the time. Are you really think that 2k will be so delusional?

What the shit, man?

I really hope Mr. Anonymous Analyst is off here because that's just ridiculous. While I'm pretty sure the game will be at least as good as the original (Bioshock 2 still angers me on the other hand), that is way too much.

Until there's some sort of confirmation from 2K when they announce their quarterly earnings (it should be pretty obvious) or if they're up for open disclosure on the actual budget and marketing costs once the game releases, I'm going to mark this report somewhere between "questionable" and "dubious."

But what do I know? Maybe 2K is projecting well over 5 million in sales at full retail price.