By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Music Discussion - What do you think of Taylor Swift?

damn flippin sexy

Around the Network

Some of her songs are inoffensive, some of them just flat out suck. As a person, her diatribe against Tina Fey and Amy Poehler was pretty pathetic, and I get the impression I wouldn't like her much.

I'd cheat on my wife with her.

I love The Best Day.

Around the Network
superchunk said:
I'd cheat on my wife with her.

I'd urge you to raise your standards.

But you're a Bears fan, so I know it's a lost cause.

badgenome said:
I don't.

Ah crap! You beat me to the punch! I was gonna say just that!

I think she's pretty, charming, intelligent and I like her music. I am pretty certain that, regardless of celebrity status, if I met her in real life I would be smitten. I'd also like to think it would be mutual.

noname2200 said:
Some of her songs are inoffensive, some of them just flat out suck. As a person, her diatribe against Tina Fey and Amy Poehler was pretty pathetic, and I get the impression I wouldn't like her much.

What did she say?

First off, good job on the video. You got good screen presence. The material was pretty funny for what it was, but then again, I think that charming British accent can make anything seem comical. I haven't heard the song myself, but your musings on the lyrics were entertaining enough.

As for Swift, I probably dislike her less than most on this board, but I'm not a fan either.

She's good looking, talented and...young, I guess. I am not one of those people that likes to follow celebrity gossip, but I hear the stuff from my girlfriend all the time (this is not an excuse like "my little sister watches Barney so I've seen it a few times"... I gotta please the wifey by listening to this tripe sometimes). That or I'll glaze over a headline while looking through articles on Yahoo. From what I've heard/seen she's a bit too much drama. An artist starts wearing out her welcome when her personal life becomes a bigger spectacle than her art.

She's got catchy, corny songs on the radio all the time so I can't say she's washed up, but I think the world is getting Taylor Swift fatigue what with all her venomous digs publicly aimed at her ex's. Maybe she should take a break before she goes the way of (pre-comeback) Britney Spears or (current) Lindsay Lohan.