By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - This is what top-level COD competition ***ing looks like you ************s

It's not actually that bad. Just a reverse of what happens in Korea.

There the announcers get really emotional and the players show no emotion.

Here the announcers make me fall asleep and the players get emotional.

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/profile/92109/nintendopie/ Nintendopie  Was obviously right and I was obviously wrong. I will forever be a lesser being than them. (6/16/13)

Around the Network

Havnt seen this in high level dota 2 tourneys :/

Intel Core i7 3770K [3.5GHz]|MSI Big Bang Z77 Mpower|Corsair Vengeance DDR3-1866 2 x 4GB|MSI GeForce GTX 560 ti Twin Frozr 2|OCZ Vertex 4 128GB|Corsair HX750|Cooler Master CM 690II Advanced|

theprof00 said:
Americans talking shit yawn...

Lol. We have a much wider range of dialects and accents than I thought!

OT: Welcome to xbox live! hah. hah. :P I've seen professional play in other games before that are also very highly competitive (such as Dota 2) and I must say I've never seen anyone get this riled up. The team members are much more respectful to one-another. Clearly the act of shooting other human avatars with guns gets these males very aggressive.

Post was removed and user was banned for spam

~tads12

Soleron said:

In any e-sport (SC2, LoL, CoD, etc.)

The Americans/Europeans get money over having big personalities and getting social media hits for their sponsors. Everything they do is public and hence exploitable, and they don't train enough because of the need to do marketing and stream and so on.

The Koreans/Chinese train in serious teamhouses for 12h/day, focus entirely on winning, get paid almost nothing except room and board, and aren't allowed to show personality for honour reasons. It's the team's wins that attract sponsors, not individual stars.

hey hey hey LoL its the sport of a true gentleman

Around the Network

I've watched tons of SC2, I've never seen anything like this.

Maybe because it is a game of skill and requires actual talent and concentration?

Pachofilauri said:
Soleron said:

The Americans/Europeans get money over having big personalities and getting social media hits for their sponsors. Everything they do is public and hence exploitable, and they don't train enough because of the need to do marketing and stream and so on.

The Koreans/Chinese train in serious teamhouses for 12h/day, focus entirely on winning, get paid almost nothing except room and board, and aren't allowed to show personality for honour reasons. It's the team's wins that attract sponsors, not individual stars.

what does this even mean

Mr.Y said:

Maybe because it is a game of skill and requires actual talent and concentration?

Nah it's because the Korean e-sports Players' Association banned in-game chat after THE INCIDENT (Boxer vs Junitoss 2005 OSL).

They also ban if you say anything in game other than 'gg' and 'pp' (pause). It used to be only 2 p's allowed but they changed it to any number of p's after a few players were disqualified for typing 'ppp' by accident with broken keyboards or screens. Yes they're that bad.

Pachofilauri said:
Soleron said:

LoL is easily the worst out of the three. 

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

Soleron said:
Mr.Y said:

Nah it's because the Korean e-sports Players' Association banned in-game chat after THE INCIDENT (Boxer vs Junitoss 2005 OSL).

They also ban if you say anything in game other than 'gg' and 'pp' (pause). It used to be only 2 p's allowed but they changed it to any number of p's after a few players were disqualified for typing 'ppp' by accident with broken keyboards or screens. Yes they're that bad.

Are you honestly comparing that to what is shown in this video?