By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Final Fantasy XV will be exclusive on PS4. Sony co-developing - rumour

Max King of the Wild said:

the 5 million number is just as much bullshit as the 150million number. It's probably more like 2.5mil in Japan and the west would be profit.

Why? $30 per $60 goes to SE. SE will sell this at more than $70 though. Also, DD will be bigger when launched than it is now. That cuts out manufacturing, packaging, shipping, and retailer costs. I wouldn't be surprised if SE got at least $40 per game in Japan... Now Japan won't reach that 150mil mark (even though rumor says 120... for some reason this budget keeps going up and up *cough*forumpostersspeculationwithnoclue*cough*) but it could get close to the 100mil mark

How would 5 million be bullshit? It's a reasonable prediction.

Also, I don't think Square Enix get that much off the cut and I don't think they'll be selling it for $70.

Around the Network

Sorry, where are we getting this 150 million dollar figure from?

brendude13 said:

the 5 million number is just as much bullshit as the 150million number. It's probably more like 2.5mil in Japan and the west would be profit.

Why? $30 per $60 goes to SE. SE will sell this at more than $70 though. Also, DD will be bigger when launched than it is now. That cuts out manufacturing, packaging, shipping, and retailer costs. I wouldn't be surprised if SE got at least $40 per game in Japan... Now Japan won't reach that 150mil mark (even though rumor says 120... for some reason this budget keeps going up and up *cough*forumpostersspeculationwithnoclue*cough*) but it could get close to the 100mil mark

Also, I don't think Square Enix get that much off the cut and I don't think they'll be selling it for $70.

It's bullshit because 150m is bullshit. And KH:HD is already at $70 and Far cry is $80... wouldn't surprise me if SE sold FF15 at $80 or higher really.

Sal.Paradise said:

Dunno. It was in the original rumour thread which said something along the lines of "FFXV to cost $150 million to develop, PS4 exclusive". Who actually said that I can't remember.

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

Sal.Paradise said:

A friend of a friend who knows someone's sister who may or may not work in Square Enix's UK customer support centre.

Around the Network

Sony is taking a PS1 stance with the PS4...they seem to be doing everything they can to position themselves to succeed...and with Nintendo fumbling out the gates...and the Durango having several questionable features.Things are looking good....so far

Black Women Are The Most Beautiful Women On The Planet.

"In video game terms, RPGs are games that involve a form of separate battles taking place with a specialized battle system and the use of a system that increases your power through a form of points.

Sure, what you say is the definition, but the connotation of RPGs is what they are in video games." - dtewi

brendude13 said:

It's bullshit because 150m is bullshit. And KH:HD is already at $70 and Far cry is $80... wouldn't surprise me if SE sold FF15 at $80 or higher really.

If you bought Far Cry 3 at $80, you were swindled my friend.

Signature goes here!

brendude13 said:
Sal.Paradise said:

A friend of a friend who knows someone's sister who may or may not work in Square Enix's UK customer support centre.

HAHAHA! exactly. That and speculation from people who really have no idea what or how to figure out the budget. For example one pperson said FFX budget was 33mil and developmental costs doubled for Ps3 and this gen developmental costs will go up about 10%... so he doubled 33million then times 66mil by 1.1%... that is flawed beyond belief... Then he goes on to say the luminous engine should be included in the budget of FF15

TruckOSaurus said:
brendude13 said:

If you bought Far Cry 3 at $80, you were swindled my friend.

Tell that to the 100k Japanese who bought it.

brendude13 said:
Sal.Paradise said:

HAHAHA! exactly. That and speculation from people who really have no idea what or how to figure out the budget. For example one pperson said FFX budget was 33mil and developmental costs doubled for Ps3 and this gen developmental costs will go up about 10%... so he doubled 33million then times 66mil by 1.1%... that is flawed beyond belief... Then he goes on to say the luminous engine should be included in the budget of FF15

Hey, I'm not saying the rumour is accurate, far from it. But it's what we've got to work from currently even if it is false. A rumour is still a rumour, and it's np more or less likely than this one.

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.